22 lone rifle ammo

Started by maxr, May-12-14 14:05

Previous topic - Next topic

maxr

Bought a box of 22 L.R. Box of fifty for $8.00. Is that a good price or not?
Really hard to find around this neck of the woods.

Max RMPRCH

Uncle_Lee

If you find 22 LR and want them, I guess you have to pay to get them.
I still gag at any price over $2.00 a box of 50 for standard 22 LR.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

maxr

Here in Northeast Indiana a brick of 500 sells for $80.00. I could probably sell
the 50 I have for $10.00 , but they so hard to find I wouldn't sell them. I never
though they would get so hard to get. People around here think they go over
a hundred dollars a brick of 500.

Max R. 

Goatpacker

Yes it is too high but Unfortunatly it is prob the new norm.

cfsharry

Gunbroker auction ended earlier today for 6,327 rounds of Winchester 36 gr. 22 LR at the price of $585.00. 

MR_22

The going prices of .22LR has made me think about selling some of my stash, but since the whole Obama-scare things has been going on, I have resisted. First, I think it's a rip-off to sell it for so much, and secondly, how much is it going to cost me to replace the ammo if I do sell it?

I haven't bought or sold ANY .22LR over the past 2 years. But I have plenty for my current shooting needs. I HOPE the prices goes back to normal, but I'm afraid that since ammunition manufactures and resellers know that buyers will pay the higher prices, that we have "new" prices that are here to stay.

MR_22

I checked out my local Walmart near my work for ammo today and was surprised to see most of the shelves filled. They have just about everything, unlike the ammo shelves at my local Walmart by home. No .22LR, though, but they did have shelf space for them. The price was $50 for that, but what it was wasn't exactly clear, except I think it was Winchester ammo. The sign didn't say for how many rounds, but I'm guessing it was the 500'ish box.

I did get 2 100-round boxes of Federal .40S&W for $32 each box. That's $16 per 50 rounds. I thought that was pretty good. I've been stocking up on .40 when I get the chance, since I got my Beretta 96 and now my Glock 22.

top dog

Cabelas in East Hartford is selling bricks of 500 Blazers for $27. Had shelf full of it and all other ammo was pretty well in good supply.

Top Dog

Uncle_Lee

For G50AE
Tactical 22 LR ammo

3000 Rnd CCI AR Tactical 22 LR 40 GR CPRN Ammo 956

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=420744914
God, Country, & Flag

TwoGunJayne

7.8 cents around (w/o ship) as it stands at time of posting. Mmm. That's a tactical premium! :)

RogueTS1

Way too high a price to be worth it!
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Uncle_Lee

One must pay for the word "Tactical".
Tactical is the point.
God, Country, & Flag

MR_22

Great price for a box a 9mm! Not so great for .22LR. Or at least, not so great at Pre-Obama-Scare prices. Hopefully it's not the going rate now, but I'm beginning to think the days of cheap .22's are long gone.

TwoGunJayne

They will be back. .223 hits $2+ a round, then .22 lr comes back with a vengeance.

Bait and switch. Remember the last shortfall? .380 was #1, followed by 9mm and .45? You can get those things now.

Kentucky Kevin

THE SOFT STILL VOICE TELLS ME THAT SHOTGUN AMMO IS NEXT, and I still don't have the stuff to reload
Jesus loves YOU all of you
"Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants – but debt is the money of slaves."

doc_stadig

Quote from: Hardtackwon on September-29-14 11:09
THE SOFT STILL VOICE TELLS ME THAT SHOTGUN AMMO IS NEXT, and I still don't have the stuff to reload

I've got reloading dies for most everything I own, with the obvious exception of 22 caliber, I've got a #4 shot mold which will do for my Companions, I am working on bullet molds for my different calibers, and whenever I get the chance, and the funds, I will grab 15 or 20 pounds of lead, yeah, pure lead will foul some, but, properly cleaning will take care of that, I'd like to be able to make 22's but not being able to merely reduces how much my rimfires can get out, shotshells are also in my reloading repertoire, from .410, 20 gauge and 12, I am a believer in the saying, "a country boy can survive."

Doc

swolf

Just had this conversation with a friend today;  He was looking to buy a .17 rifle because ammo is available everywhere, and I encouraged him to go with a centerfire or .22 air rifle alternative with  more reloadable options.  When the big crunch hit I stocked up on .22 and .22 mag at regular prices, but also picked up dies, lead, powder, shells, and primers for 12 gauge, .410, and .45 (last 2 for my beloved Judge, and Colbray derringer.)  I also mad sure I could reload the .50 front-stuffers on the wall.  I cut down my NAA plinking and turned to 12 g pumpkin ball for fun. 

Moderndayedison

Archery is looking better and better.

-MDE
And Boom......There it was!!!!
https://www.gofundme.com/Carls-Shop

top dog

I guess I am pretty well dating myself when I tell you this but I remember when a brick of Remington SV 22s went for $5.00.

Ruger BearCat when it first came out was $37.50

Yeah,I am old and happy that I am.

Top Dog

MR_22

Quote from: uncle_lee on May-12-14 15:05
If you find 22 LR and want them, I guess you have to pay to get them.
I still gag at any price over $2.00 a box of 50 for standard 22 LR.

Yeah, no kidding. I still remember fondly going into my local Western Auto and buying a brick of 500 Blazers for $10, or $9 when they happened to be on sale. Anything over that and I cringe. (I was able to score a black brick of Blazers a couple of weeks ago for about $25 or so. Not great, but it was nice to have a different brand to shoot.)

G50AE

Quote from: uncle_lee on June-07-14 04:06
For G50AE
Tactical 22 LR ammo

3000 Rnd CCI AR Tactical 22 LR 40 GR CPRN Ammo 956

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=420744914

Thanks for the link.  Do they have any 50AE ammo though?