Which Gun To Start?

Started by oldhunter, April-29-12 19:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle_Lee

Get two of each.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

sirscott

Black Widow lr/mag a goodone. try differant 22 lr

ammo not just the cheap stuff .cci stuff 36 gr. 40 goodstuff .

45flint

Hard for me not to think that the Sidewinder format will be the standard going forward.   Then pick your barrel length.  BW is out of date in a month or two.  Will be a cheaper alternative however.

louiethelump

Why would the BW be out of date?  I am not saying you are wrong, I just don't get the WHY.  It is a bull barrel with real adjustable sights (even the fixed sights can be moved for windage as they are in dove tails) with enough weight to keep it on target with magunm ammo and a long enough barrel to take advantage of the magnum velocity offered by 22 magnum.  The new gun may replace the standard barrel minis, but I fail to see why they would replace the BW.

Not arguing just asking what your thought processes are on this.

thanks

Louie
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

sirscott

swing out cylinder is nice, but ill bet getting them

22 mag shellsout will be hard still .on the oldkind

22 maggun i must use something eles to punchout shells

icepickmaybe lol . 22 lr alote  easyer to getout .

45flint

Thought process is more directed to new people to NAA.  Most are used to a swing out cylinder revolvers.    I think they would look at the old style as outdated really.   NAA can add better sights on there long SWs.   Frankly the slab on this size pistol just adds weight.  Roll ahead 10 years I just think it will be their standard.

Uncle_Lee

10 Years?

10 YEARS??????

I'll be dead it 10 years.
God, Country, & Flag

louiethelump

Did you spell my name right in your will leaving me your guns?  I am probably outta here in 15 or less, so I will pass em on.

None of us ever really OWN anything anyway.  We come into this world with nothing, and go out the same way.  It ALL stays here..........
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

heyjoe

id be surprised if i am still here in 2022. ill try to have a going out of business sale before i go.
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

jestus

Such fatalistic ponderences! Participation in this forum with all these like-minded folks should keep the juices roiling for many, many years!  

Perhaps I should not say "like"-minded before someone jumps on me for that. ) But if I leave off the "like" it just leaves "minded" and y'all can fill in the blank. But "minded" alone might just work...

peeshootah

My brand new BW's are "out of date"?  Wow!  I've only had them a couple months.  

I guess I better just toss 'em in the trash and move on...

jestus

Louie,

You mention the Sheriff as having an updated frame and that you like it.  

Is the frame better made or finished? I see it has the sight  groove on the top strap. Is this pistol accurate (relatively speaking) with that sight configuration?

I ask because my next purchase of NAA might be the Sheriff or the Earl (3-4") or the Mini Master. Something for more accurate target/plinking.  

Suggestions (related to topic )?

louiethelump

It is not better made or finished, as finish has never been a problem in my opinion.  It has a raised portion at the rear that is grooved to serve as a sight.  The barrels are of better quality and the post sight is easy to use and to see.  The Sheriff/Earl series is a definite improvement over the standard frame, is MUCH easier to shoot accurately.  I think the SW frame will share those improvements along with a recoil shield.  If they put a better quality barrel of sufficient length on the SW, it should be a good gun.
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

Uncle_Lee

I had a BIG auction in 2008 when we moved from the country into this little apartment building with the old and disabled folks.

Over 100 (I would have to look at the auction papers) guns.

Thousands and thousands of rounds of ammo.

BIG boxes of web gear and leather.

Reloading equipment for everything I had except rimfire.

I had been getting ready since 1968. (GCA-68)

The auction is why I have the money to collect the little Mini's.

Can get a lot of them in a shoe box.

NO ROOM here for anything larger.Well except my two Stars and the wife's Rossi and it is not much bigger than a Mini.
God, Country, & Flag

G50AE

Welcome to the forum oldhunter.  8)