Taurus Spectrum?

Started by ajr, January-27-17 08:01

Previous topic - Next topic

ajr

Anyone see anything about this from the SS? I'm more into classic, vintage styling, but this looks interesting. Can't wait to see some actual shooting reviews. Has anyone seen any? https://www.taurusspectrum.com/ I'm leery of the polymer inserts and how long they would last. that kind of stuff always seems to break down.

Andy

MR_22

I handled a few at the SHOT Show. I wasn't interested before that. Now I want one. They have all smooth surfaces, so you shouldn't get any snags on corners. It looks like somebody did a "melt" job on them (not a real melt, that just means a smoothing of edges).

I did find that the grip was too small for me to hold onto it, unless I added the extended grip. But that's OK, it didn't make it much larger. I don't have large hands, either.

I plan to get one now. Now I just need to decide which color combination. Only .380, yes, but there are some pretty good new .380 rounds out there for self defense now.

Oh, and by the way, I've never been interested in Taurus autos. I have many revolvers, probably 6 or 8 of them, but no autos. The new Spectrum will likely change that. I really liked it.

ajr

Thanks for the report. From what I'm seeing, they will be very affordable. So far, I'm partial to the mint, but with blk/gray or all blk. Maybe cyan.

Andy

boone123

And you though crooks would laugh at a mini.

ajr

Quote from: boone123 on January-27-17 10:01
And you though crooks would laugh at a mini.

Really? You think crooks would laugh at this? Maybe the pink one?  :-) Well, crooks are pretty dumb. Personally, I wouldn't laugh at any of them. They'll all ruin your day.

Wait, I shouldn't say pink. It's listed as rose quartz.  :-)

Andy

bouncey

When I first saw pics I thought, yeah whatever, it's yet another P3AT copy which means it's still too small to fit my hand properly.  But looking at the measurements listed on that web site...  It's just a little bit bigger.  Interesting.

MR_22

Quote from: bouncey on January-27-17 12:01
When I first saw pics I thought, yeah whatever, it's yet another P3AT copy which means it's still too small to fit my hand properly.  But looking at the measurements listed on that web site...  It's just a little bit bigger.  Interesting.

Yeah, I think it's bigger. Like I said above, I handled one, and it wasn't bad. But I don't think I'd shoot it much without the intended mag. That extra finger on the grip made all of the difference. But maybe I would carry it with the smaller mag, but have the bigger mag as backup. Hmm.

But yeah, I want one--which surprised me.

ikoiko

I wonder if it handles +p loads.

MR_22

Quote from: ikoiko on January-27-17 14:01
I wonder if it handles +p loads.

I grabbed a product description flyer for the Spectrum when I was in the Taurus booth last week. I'll check it after work and let you know.

ikoiko

Thanks,
I know there's no real +p specifications for .380, but there is ammo called +p, and a few gun mfgs state it can be used.

grayelky

Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"