OLD and GRUMPY

Death before Decaf !!!!!

ray

do you shoot your black powder guns much

OLD and GRUMPY

Ya.
Death before Decaf !!!!!

ray

those are nice for the past 6 months I have been handling theme and not buying them ihave to wait now .pulled the trigger on a
ruger 357 flat top 3 screw .I told him I pick it up  Friday. I dont need

Uncle_Lee

Ray, Ray, Ray,,,
If you wait till you need something before you get it, you won't have much when you die.
Get a brace of the blackpowder revolvers.
You may not need them and you may not shoot them much, but the way you will feel when you hold them.. WOW.. Nothing like it...
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

theysayimnotme

I paid $49 for my brass framed 1851 brand new. Obviously that was a loooong time ago.

ray

you guys have me talking about these which is better 36cal or 44cal I
understand 36 smaller than 44 but which shoot better

OLD and GRUMPY

Original 51s were .36.  Navy used .36 Army liked the heaver .44.  Don't think ether shoots better. Depends what you want. .44 has a deeper voice and more smoke! Turns heads. Ladies like the smell of burnt black. Mine is steel frame .44 with 4 5/8" barrel. I hit a 12" disk at 50 yards. Max powder in a brass frame is 25gr steel 35gr. 25 is a good range load with plenty of punch and reasonable recoil. I sold my brass for a steel so I could use a Conversion cylinder. .45 Long Colt. That's another topic!

.36 has a lighter ball but I was told you get more velocity?  About 15gr powder.

Check out a walker 47. 45cal  60gr of black.

Or you could go with a NAA cap and ball. Tiny and loud nice smoke. 4gr black.
Death before Decaf !!!!!

ray

thanks I under stand more I dont know anyone who shoots them my son knows me I playing with one at cabelas he said when we buying one

Hero

Grumpy,

Have you written about the conversion cylinder topic somewhere?
Things to look for?