Need help 22lr cylinder

Started by miniman, October-19-10 06:10

Previous topic - Next topic

miniman

looking for a 22lr cylinder to fit a mag frame the wife says the mag is way to loud am trying to avoid shipping the gun.ive read most cylinders fit perfect any help would be greatly app thanks.curt.

chopprs

I see you found the Thread Start button. good!

For an extra cylinder for your gun you must send it to NAA to have the new cylinder fitted to your gun. With shipping it will cost you around $75.

ricart

Exact price quoted by NAA for a cylinder was $50 + $25 return shipping.  Then add the shipping cost to NAA, close to $100 for entire project.

sirbarkalot

Or you can pick up a used 22 lr cylinder and hope for the best.  I did that and it dropped right in and works fine.

Barky

miniman

thanks again chopprs for strighting me out and im willing to take a chance on a used one need one with safty notches.been having to work out of state for a couple months and dont have much access to a computer that often but hopefully this will change my wife and friends say the mag is way to loud when they went out to shoot well at least they try.

beach_hunter

There is a MAGNUM FRAME parts kit on G.BROKER it only got the LR cyl with it price is at $30 right now... there was another magnum frame cylinder on there some where also...not sure if it was a LR or MAG. I just sold off all my extra cyl...I still got a Lr cyl..if I decide to sell my last one I'll email you.

chopprs

Just BE SURE that you check the timing BEFORE you fire it. If the timing is off the results could be drastic!

Admittedly, I have switched and swapped cylinders I don't know how many times and they were always ok but all it takes is just the one and BOOM! There go a couple fingers, or worse.....

Please be careful!

beach_hunter

CHOPPRS is 100% RIGHT!! check the timing very very closely before firing. If your unsure ask a gunsmith to check it out...if you feel your ok checking it your self start off with CB caps or primer only powered rounds check for sheared off lead pieces.  Good luck with your Cylinder hunt!!

miniman

i only found a 22 short and a 22mag cylinder on gun broker ill keep looking thanks for the info.

bama22

At the risk of being redundant, and in the interest of your safety, as I posted before:

I tried switching cylinders on 2 older 22LRs (ca.1985) and in one switched config., the cylinder bolt failed to drop in to it's slot on the cylinder, and when this happened, (WITHOUT TOUCHING THE TRIGGER) when cocking, the hammer fell suddenly and completely.

Consider this in addition to cylinder/barrel allignment.

Others on this forum who know more than me (and they are many) say that this MIGHT not be a problem on later production guns.

cedarview kid

The .22 short cylinder on GunBroker has been there for quite awhile. I'm tempted to get it, but it's too expensive and I can't figure out why I need it. LOL.

miniman

mine is a 2010 model but i will make sure it fits properly.i know the long rifle wont be as loud just hope its ok for the wife.she likes the gun just a little loud she had a mdl 21 beretta but gave it to our daughter when she moved.

beach_hunter

There is a NAA parts kit gun, cyl,grips, side plate, screws, cyl. pin... price was at $30 it is a MAG frame.. the seller said its only got the LR cyl. with it.  the seller is "WIDEBUFFALO" I have bought from him... good seller

beach_hunter

IT IS #196340234 I put "NAA PARTS" into search to find it

beach_hunter

miniman

thanks beach hunter for the info will see what i can do i will reg with gunbroker and try to win this auction

Uncle_Lee

Miniman,

I have been watching that one since Widebuffalo listed it.  

If you are ahead at the end, I will pass on it.

If you get it and all you need is the cylinder, we may be able to make a deal on the rest of the parts.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

sirbarkalot

Widebuffalo is the dealer (Wain Roberts Firearms) where I worked part time for 15 years.  Good people, although the owner, Wain Roberts recently passed and his Daughter  Pam is running the place.  

As a word of warning, if I were bidding on that parts batch, I would call them and have them check to make sure that cylinder is a 22Lr.  Note the question mark on the note attached?  The other, younger daughters do the computer photos and listings, and may not know to check the chambers for the step at the throat that is present in the 22 mag and not present for the 22 lr.  A magnum frame mini in 22 lr would be an oddity, and that is "probably" a magnum cylinder

Just some friendly advice

Barky

Uncle_Lee

Maybe it came with both cylinders when it was new and the LR cylinder was the one that was in it when it came to their shop for tear down?
God, Country, & Flag

beach_hunter

I just sent them a email asking for photo's of the front of the cylinder, and if they would try a 22 mag shell in the cylinder to make sure it is a 22LR cylinder....they always answered my questions before so lets see what they say...my guess is it was a magnum combo gun but was taken off some one by police and had the 22 lr cylinder in it... most of these parts kit come from police auction's.

sirbarkalot

That is where they get them.  You are correct.  I know if I was carrying the mini and was using it as a weapon (a situation where is it likely to get seized) it would have the magnum cylinder in it.  Their phone number is (727) 544-7935 if you want to call.  If there is time, I am sure they will answer your e-mail.

Barky

miniman

i am ahead right now i emailed them and they assured me it was a 22lr cylinder if i get this i will let you know. i wont be around for a couple of weeks have to work out of state till the snow flys it sucks but got to make that paycheck.

Uncle_Lee

Miniman,

You are ahead because I am not bidding yet. I normally start bidding on something I really want about 6-8 hours before the auction ends.  

If you are gone & not ahead & the price isn't stupidly high, I will see about getting it and we can work out a deal on the cylinder (if it is what you want). OK?

WORK----

I don't miss working in the blowing snow. Hated being bundled up working on little wires.

But I DO miss people.
God, Country, & Flag

miniman

hey uncle lee ya the long rifle 22 cylinder is what i need might not have to leave yet problems with wrong parts .i noticed a whole naa 22mag kit for sale i think its at 46.00 looks like its all there just needs to be reassembled.thanks for the offer might still need it if the correct parts ship not realy looking forward going back to colorado its going to get very cold there and ill be stuck there for a couple of weeks but work around here is scarce.got to take whats there beats unemployment.

Uncle_Lee

I started out with interest in that other "kit".

That other "kit" has some missing parts. That is why I am interested in this group of parts.

That other "kit" has been listed and sold two other times. I don't know what happened to cause it to be relisted again. It requires a FFL because the frame is there. Both times it sold before, the end bid was around $135.00, add on shipping and you could almost buy a new one at Bud's.

I expect the parts that we are looking at to end up between $60-$75.
God, Country, & Flag

Uncle_Lee

Well done Miniman.

I tryed to send you a message but you have got it set not to receive messages.

Send me a message.
God, Country, & Flag

Uncle_Lee

Hey Miniman,

Your PM is still not turned on.
God, Country, & Flag

miniman

hopefully its fixed now seem to be having tech diff