Holster for minis

Started by Anderson Custom Leather, December-04-17 12:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Anderson Custom Leather

A customer that I recently made a rig for suggested that I drop in and introduce myself.  So, I'm Tom Anderson and a budding leatherworker and holstersmith.  One of the guns that I have a fondness for and have been making holsters for is the NAA mini-revolver.  Here's a sample of my latest work- crossdraw, thumb-break:
Tom Anderson
Wilson, NC

Warthog

Very Nice!

Where are you located?  I think I may see myself needing a holster someday for one of mine.  Not that Rick makes bad stuff, he doesn't.  I just like to keep my options open. ;)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Anderson Custom Leather

Thanks, Warty.  I'm located in Wilson, NC and can be reached at tomanderson357(at)gmail.com
Tom Anderson
Wilson, NC

smokeless joe

Welcome Tom. Nice looking rig.

PaPa K

Rick makes great holsters but there is always room for more choices ;)

USMC_Dad

seak

I have one that looks a lot like it seat belt holster but bolt snaps same side. Very well made heavy leather

Anderson Custom Leather

Thanks for the positive feedback, guys.  Before my customer contacted me with his request for a holster for his mini, I'd never really handled one.  By the time I was finished with his rig I wanted one for myself.
Tom Anderson
Wilson, NC

Bigbird48

Welcome to the forum. Do you have a website so we can look at some of your work?

Anderson Custom Leather

Quote from: Bigbird48 on December-05-17 14:12
Welcome to the forum. Do you have a website so we can look at some of your work?
Not yet, Bigbird - the wife will be setting me up an Etsy account over her Christmas break, though, and I'll post some pix there.
Here's a pic of some holsters for a Sig P232, S&W J-frame, and S&W 3913 Ladysmith.
Tom Anderson
Wilson, NC

Warthog

Quote from: Anderson Custom Leather on December-04-17 17:12
Thanks, Warty.  I'm located in Wilson, NC and can be reached at tomanderson357(at)gmail.com

OK then.  I will write it down in case I need something.  Right now, rick has me pretty well fixed up but if I get to wanting belt holsters over pocket holsters, who knows.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

andy styron

Hello Tom,
My name is Andy Styron and I live about 30 miles from Wilson near Smithfield. Do you ever set up to sell your holsters at any local gun shows or any other venues? That's a great looking holster and I would appreciate the opportunity to see your work and buy something for one of my NAA revolvers.     
Thanks,
Andy

WECSOG

That's a nice looking holster! As others have said, more holster options is a good thing.
Black Widow convertible
Magnum 1-5/8"
Super Companion 1-5/8"
LR 1-1/8"

bglz42

RangerJim

That is beautiful, Tom!  We all love Rick and "the Kid" ... but everyone is welcome here--especially with such beautiful holsters as yours.  Please post your link when your wife sets it up.  Good luck, and welcome!   :D
So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

Anderson Custom Leather

Everyone,
Please accept my apologies for not getting back to those of you who contacted me via email.   For some reason I have not been receiving all incoming messages since sometime in early December and I didn't realize that some of you had contacted me.  I responded today to everyone that I received a message from, I think, at least.
Thanks for the welcome, y'all.
Tom Anderson
Wilson, NC

geohuson

I will be looking for a small pocket holster for the new Ranger II, I have the sticky one now for my BW that works great. Now that we will be able to reload faster, thought I would like to have a holster with a pocket for spare Ammo. Any suggestions?

Anderson Custom Leather

Quote from: andy styron on December-13-17 17:12
Hello Tom,
My name is Andy Styron and I live about 30 miles from Wilson near Smithfield. Do you ever set up to sell your holsters at any local gun shows or any other venues? That's a great looking holster and I would appreciate the opportunity to see your work and buy something for one of my NAA revolvers.     
Thanks,
Andy
Hey, Andy.  I don't sell at gunshows or other venues yet, as I'm still a very small shop - and probably will keep it that way.  I'd be glad to meet you somewhere sometime locally or you can come to my house to see what we can work up for you.  Just shoot me an e-mail at tomanderson357(at)gmail.com
Tom Anderson
Wilson, NC

Anderson Custom Leather

Quote from: geohuson on December-30-17 08:12
I will be looking for a small pocket holster for the new Ranger II, I have the sticky one now for my BW that works great. Now that we will be able to reload faster, thought I would like to have a holster with a pocket for spare Ammo. Any suggestions?
geo, It appears that the Ranger II is going to be a very popular gun, judging by the chatter here on the forum, so I'm going to have to see if I can get a blue-gun mold for it.
Tom Anderson
Wilson, NC

Bj

Quote from: geohuson on December-30-17 08:12
Rick at www.desertgunleather.com

Bigbird48

yes Rick makes these contact him at Desertgunleather.com

Bigbird48

I thought I asked this question before but maybe not.
Your holsters are they custom fitted and molded for each individual gun? Or are they a just folded over and generally fit most guns of a certain size?

Quote from: Anderson Custom Leather on December-04-17 12:12
A customer that I recently made a rig for suggested that I drop in and introduce myself.  So, I'm Tom Anderson and a budding leatherworker and holstersmith.  One of the guns that I have a fondness for and have been making holsters for is the NAA mini-revolver.  Here's a sample of my latest work- crossdraw, thumb-break:

Anderson Custom Leather

They are fitted to each gun, though they aren't wet-molded, as the thumb break provides retention and you wouldn't be able to see the molding lines anyway due to the flap covering up the front of the holster.
In other words, there's a difference holster for the Pug, the Black Widow, etc..
Tom Anderson
Wilson, NC