Grip holster and blackwidow oh yeah

Started by silverback, December-24-17 08:12

Previous topic - Next topic

silverback

Since acquiring the blackwidow I have been working on accuracy.   The OEM grip is nice but doesn't help in shooting the blackwidow with ease.  While it does ok it doesn't provide the easiest way to shoot accurately for me at least.   I have found that one only needs to use the knurled end of the trigger.  I just use the meat of my trigger finger to graze  the knurled end with light pressure .  This Allows for greater accuracy and speed of shots.  The OEM grip forces the shooter to have to make adjustments slowing down shots. 

The grip holster  is a whole other level of speed and accuracy.   Once deployed the larger grip aids the trigger finger to work as needed with ease. What a huge difference.   This grip just made a great mini even better.

The only other improvement would be if they made a sidewinder version.

RangerJim

Sounds like an interesting grip option, silverback.  Any chance you can post some pics--both open and closed?
So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

silverback

silverback

silverback

silverback

silverback

silverback

Hope that helps .  I wear wrangler carpenter pants and the little watch pocket allows me to carry it there and still have full use of regular pocket.  Still great for back pocket or IWB sweat pants etc.

Bigbird48

yes but Im getting to old to stand on my head to look at pictures ;D

Quote from: silverback on December-24-17 10:12
Hope that helps .  I wear wrangler carpenter pants and the little watch pocket allows me to carry it there and still have full use of regular pocket.  Still great for back pocket or IWB sweat pants etc.

RangerJim

Nice, silverback ... looks quite manageable--and concealable.  Although, I must admit that I'm a bit nervous with your finger on the trigger and the hammer back!   :o   ;D
So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

smokeless joe

Quote from: RangerJim on December-24-17 10:12
Nice, silverback ... looks quite manageable--and concealable.  Although, I must admit that I'm a bit nervous with your finger on the trigger and the hammer back!   :o   ;D
I was also looking at that. I hope those are spent cartridges  ;)

Bigbird48

it sure looks loaded, disaster in the making ??? :o

ikoiko

Spent shells maybe? The one kinda looks like it's been hit.

silverback

Spent shells.  I may be old not dumb.   Lol

smokeless joe

Quote from: silverback on December-24-17 14:12
Spent shells.  I may be old not dumb.   Lol
We're just lookin our for ya ;)

silverback

I know just couldn't help but joke.  I always put spent shells back I'm cylinder to protect firing pin.     I just picked up some blue snap caps for  next time
Merry xmas

Canoeal

The problem for me starts with "once deployed". It could take a second or even two to get it 'deployed'. That may, in a close encounter be a second or two you do not have. The original BW grips don't need to be 'deployed'; cock the trigger as you grab it, point and shoot. That second or two gained may save your life.
Flicking one open is not anything close to safe, and you may flick the gun right out of your hand, in a stressful situation...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Bigbird48

silverback

To each his own.  I don't flick like a knife and if one did then wouldn't you be worried about flicking the knife out of your hand? The tension on the hinge pin  can be adjusted  Anyway the manual of arms must be practiced like anything else. It also allows for more compact inside pocket carry. Merry Christmas.

silverback

Now you had me thinking.   I loosened and retightened
The hinge pin jusy so it make contact . Still keeps itself in place firmly but now Allows for smoother deployment.   Upon drawing from pocket , instead of brushing barrel, a minor flick and I mean very little effort deploys gun.   Sweet I have firm grip and a miniscule snap of the wrist and it is ready for action.
Love this discussion as i found a quicker draw.

silverback

LOL.  Sorry about that. Thanks for correcting.

Quote from: Bigbird48 on December-24-17 10:12
yes but Im getting to old to stand on my head to look at pictures ;D

Quote from: silverback on December-24-17 10:12

scbuxton

Merry Christmas, Silverback! 
I've been carrying my BW with the holster grips for years and have yet to experience a problem. I can pull out the BW with the grips from a "hanging on the pocket" carry consistently faster than digging a mini out of my pocket from a holster or just loose in the pocket with stationery grips attached. I've carried both ways over many years and without a doubt,  the holster grips are the best way to carry for rapid deployment and accuracy, for me . I  have holster grips on one BW, one 1 5/8 magnum, on LR and one shorty. If I decide to carry my bug out or sidewinder, I'll figure out a way to get the grips on them too.
Deployment of the BW is natural and reflexive to me. I have done it so many times that I don't think about it and the only way to get a mini out faster than that is to have it in my hand in my pocket.  I'd much rather trust the bigger, more accurate grips than try to ham hand the little stock grips or fight a snug fit to get the oversized grips out of my pocket.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!  8)

smokeless joe

Well Santa got me a couple new grips as well. Trying the holster grip on the BW first and will save my engraved boot grips for my Ranger when it arrives.

Canoeal

That is why I started with the phrase 'for me". To each his own. I just wanted to give my thoughts, not start a gunfight.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

silverback

No gunfight!    You know how us old grumpy codgers can get.  LOL!!!

scbuxton

Merry Christmas, CanoeAl! Sorry, I wasn't trying to flame your post.  No offense intended, I too put in the "for me" disclaimer. Peace,  brother.

grayelky

A suggestion: Someone here on the forum colored the back strap on their mini the same color as the holster grip. It makes it look even more like a pocket knife. While I have not tried this, in the pictures they showed were very convincing.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

silverback

Vedict is in for me. This grip holster performaned as expected accuracy was increased and easily attained.
It's a keeper for me.

smokeless joe

Good to hear silverback. I ended up moving my holster grip over to my wasp. I like the looks so far. Will give it a test when my Ranger comes in and I go to the range to test it out.

tylerclimb

I'm really liking that BW. kind of wish I had bought one instead of the sidewinder. I like the idea of folding grip and still might order one for mine. how is it working so far? hard to reach into pocket?