Great review of Ranger II on Gunblast - Jeff Quinn

Started by PaducahMichael, May-08-18 13:05

Previous topic - Next topic

PaducahMichael

"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

Warthog

Not bad Michael, all the different angles and the slow mo was a bit much but it shows well how it handles in both Magnums and LR. ;)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

ikoiko

Thanks for the link, PM. Would have been nice to see if he was getting a decent group . . .

PaducahMichael

Quote from: ikoiko on May-08-18 14:05
Thanks for the link, PM. Would have been nice to see if he was getting a decent group . . .

He was shooting steel in one session - all hits. But we don't know range or steel size, do we? Good to hear the Ranger get a positive and enthusiastic review.

Hope they don't send one to Hickock. OTOH, he might be able to load this one safely.

bearcatter

I don't think Quinn ever met a gun he didn't like...... At least his reviews have an assortment of useful photos..
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

ikoiko

Quote from: PaducahMichael on May-08-18 16:05
Quote from: ikoiko on May-08-18 14:05

He was shooting steel in one session - all hits. But we don't know range or steel size, do we? Good to hear the Ranger get a positive and enthusiastic review.

Hope they don't send one to Hickock. OTOH, he might be able to load this one safely.

I only noticed 5 "tings" total throughout the (non rat shot) firings. It was beyond one cylinder full. Other videos, targets are shown . . . . .

I love the design, but need to call it as I see it. Maybe I'm deaf. Everyone feel free to chime in.

Gog

With the lr load it sounded like he hit all 5. Then he did 22 shorts, I only heard one hit on that but I am getting hard of hearing. I've gone from selective hearing in the first 30 years of marriage to really not hearing in the last couple!
The rat shot (bird, snake) is a fun load to shoot in mag. Haven't tried it in lr. You just better be close to whatever you are shooting at! lol

cfsharry

For an honest insight and opinion I'll take the old tall dude to the guy with the cutely braided whiskers seven days a week.

Bigbird48

I noticed he had no trouble with the gun opening like Jeremy did. He used his full thumb to cock the hammer and never had a problem. Like I mentioned with Jeremy's review he had to try and make happen.

PaducahMichael

Quote from: cfsharry on May-09-18 16:05
For an honest insight and opinion I'll take the old tall dude (Who's this?)  to the guy with the cutely braided whiskers seven days a week.

heyjoe

Quote from: PaducahMichael on May-09-18 19:05
Quote from: cfsharry on May-09-18 16:05
For an honest insight and opinion I'll take the old tall dude (Who's this?)  to the guy with the cutely braided whiskers seven days a week.

hickock 45
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

PaducahMichael

Generally I like Hickock45 but he really went tits up on his NAA review. I like him better before Bud's Guns and Federal ammo bought him.

oughtsix

Hickock45's review of his NAA 22 mag is one of the reasons I purchased mine.  The beard guy is a bit much for me.

PaducahMichael

Quote from: oughtsix on May-09-18 22:05
Hickock45's review of his NAA 22 mag is one of the reasons I purchased mine.  The beard guy is a bit much for me.

LOL -  I get what you mean. But I live in Kentucky (transplanted not by choice) and Bearded guy looks like a lot of the old farts in my area. He's a little harder to understand. I grew up in Mississippi and Louisiana so I speak fluent Southern but I'm still a little weak on Hillbilly. I've been making annual fishing trips to Tennessee to try to remedy that. (If some of my buddies read this I'll have to take cover...)

ikoiko

I don't think of Hickok or gunblast so much as "reviews", more like just views. Get to see the gun in action.

redhawk4

I've always found the Gunblast web page written reviews to be pretty accurate, if you get to the substance of them and forget what you think of the guys look and beard etc. I've bought at least 4 guns he's tested and where I've read the review beforehand and have found his conclusions/results to be spot on. I like the fact that he normally quotes accuracy and velocity figures so it's more than just hot air. There's a lot of detail left out in this Ranger II review, so it's hard to tell how it really performed, unlike the other reviews I've read on other guns.
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

yncrogers

Good review, but I have never seen a negative review from Jeff.