NAA History

Started by Bamajon, September-04-18 19:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Bamajon

I have a 22 magnum / 22lr revolver , I noticed that it says Spanish Fork UT . can anyone give me a little history on when they changed to Provo ?

Honky Tonk Man

Welcome Bamajon!  I bought a .22 lr Mini made in Provo in July '86.  I believe they were only there for a few years, but there are many on here that know far more of the history than I do.  You can write NAA's Customer Service Dept. with your serial # and they will tell you the exact date of manufacture if that helps.  Link is on their website. 
Silence is Golden - Duct Tape is Silver

Uncle_Lee

According to "Blue Book" :

"Current manufacturer established circa 1976, and currently located in Provo, UT. Distributor and dealer sales.
North American Arms was originally founded under the name Rocky Mountain Arms circa 1974-1975 by noted handgun entrepreneur Dick Casull. During 1976-1977, the company's name was changed to North American Arms, and it became part of the Tally Corp. of Newbury Park, CA. North American Arms was relocated from Salt Lake City to Provo, UT in 1978, and moved again in 1984 to Spanish Fork, UT. During 1986-1987, Teleflex Corp., an aerospace company, bought North American Arms' parent company, the Tally Corp. In 1992, Teleflex decided to sell off the gunmaking company, and North American Arms was purchased by Sandy Chisholm, a Teleflex employee. The company relocated again in 1994 to Provo, UT"
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Honky Tonk Man

Thanks Uncle Lee, so they were in Spanish Fork for about 10 years ('84 to '94).  Longer than I thought... 
Silence is Golden - Duct Tape is Silver

RICKS PLACE

Will add my thanks to Uncle Lee for his information.  I entered city law enforcement in 1972, quickly found I should probably carry a hideout.  (Never needed it, just felt right) Tried many different guns, some too big, some poor quality.  Somewhere during the later years, I came across the minis. I still switched around a lot.  Didn't like the .22 caliber.  I finally stuck with the NAA type, minis.  Just can't remember what years this occurred. Later, when the B/W came out, found that was "my" gun. Now, retired 22 years, still carry one.

PaducahMichael

Were any guns actually made in Newbury Park, or was it just the corporate HQ address?
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

MR_22

Quote from: PaducahMichael on September-05-18 21:09
Were any guns actually made in Newbury Park, or was it just the corporate HQ address?

I have owned NAA minis with the Newbury Park, CA printed on the side. So yes, they were made there, unquestionably.

Ruger

Hey BAMAJON . . . . . WELCOME to the forum!!  Great to have you on the firing line.  Don't be afraid of reloading and throwing some opinions down range.  We need you input, thoughts, hopes and dreams.  So don't be shy, step right up and fire away!
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

PaducahMichael

Quote from: MR_22 on September-05-18 21:09
Quote from: PaducahMichael on September-05-18 21:09

I have owned NAA minis with the Newbury Park, CA printed on the side. So yes, they were made there, unquestionably.

Yes - I have a Newbury Park, too, but just wondered if they were really made there. Is that the deal - the gun is marked with it's manufacturing location? Does that hold for all guns?
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."