Remington RM380

Started by RICKS PLACE, August-18-18 11:08

Previous topic - Next topic

RICKS PLACE

Hope I didn't overlook a thread on this gun.  Want information on the Remington RM380, been out for about a couple years.  Any gripes, info, pros, cons.  Anyone own one?  I read mostly pros on the net re this gun, but who knows?  Remington had filed for bankrupt but still making guns.  Bad trigger, but the same can be said for almost all the micro 380's. 

miker

I wanted one when they came out - seemed to fit the same niche as the Guardian and Seecamp.

But when I held one in a gun shop, I found that the shape around the trigger was such that sometimes I couldn't get it to fire no matter how hard I pressed - my finger was hitting on the frame on each side of the trigger and preventing me from pushing it all the way back. It was apparent that it worked fine - as long as I held my finger exactly a certain way.

Not workable for a defense gun for me so I moved on.

miker

franco22

I have one and so does my nephew. They have been 100% reliable. The RM380 is a little heavier and a little thicker than most pocket 380s. To be honest the size difference isn't noticeable when carrying the gun and makes it a soft shooting little piece. I find the RM380 to be one of the better offerings in the pocket 380 category. My nephew really likes his too.