Ranger II is back with new LR cylinder and grips

Started by jetcsa, September-26-18 07:09

Previous topic - Next topic

jetcsa

A few weeks ago, I asked everyone if they could give me an estimate on how long it would take NAA to fit a LR cylinder to my Ranger II. The consensus was approximately one week, which was also what NAA quoted. I shipped it to them, and it was received on 9/13. It was shipped back to me on 9/21, fitted with the new cylinder and a set of Staglite grips, for a little variety. Excellent customer service from NAA, as I have come to expect - they spoil us! Night before last, I ran 50 rnds of CCI SV through it, plinking Coke cans at 20 ft. As expected, it shoots several inches high, but was completely reliable. I also shot a chest sized steel plate at 20 yards and hit it every time. Last night I broke out the Colibris and sat in a lawn chair in the back yard, plinking more Coke cans. The Colibris only hit a couple of inches high, and to me are more fun than a barrel of monkeys. No hearing protection needed, only glasses. They are so quiet that the resident deer herd stood in the pasture about 30 yards away and watched me shoot up the box of 50 with no concerns. I started on the cans at 20 ft, and almost couldn't miss. Bounced them out to 45 ft, and still hit them 4 out of 5 times. At 50 ft they started behaving like BBs out of a smooth bore. I could see them striking the ground 3 to 5 feet away from the cans. I was a little surprised that accuracy deteriorated so much with just an additional 5 ft of range, but I reckon physics have to take over at some point. Guess a man's got to know his limitations ;) Anyhow, it was about as fun, relaxing, and inexpensive shooting as a man could ask for :)

gunfitrip

Glad to hear of your Ranger II.  I was looking for either a Ranger or Sidewinder at my local gun shop.  They had the PUG and I needed a truly concealable pocket pistol.  I had given away my Blackwidow to my grandson.  So, I bought the PUG.  Anyway, I'm like you.  I enjoy shooting NAA mini revolvers more than my other guns as they are inexpensive.  Also, they make you take your time while shooting.  They are pretty accurate as far as a short barreled gun can be.  Probably the most important aspect of NAA revolvers is the gun is with you all the time.  If you make a trip to the ranch without preparation, the gun's in your pocket and you are going to plink with it.  I like shooting cactus pears off the cactus when we don't harvest them to eat.  Cactus leaves also make great impromptu targets.  Good shooting to all!

Warthog

good for you getting it all fixed the way you want it.

How about a picture of it? 8) 8)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

jetcsa

gunfitrip

Can't go wrong with a PUG - that's what I gave my wife and daughter to carry for deep concealment - it's on my personal list at some point in the future.

Warty62

I'll try to take a pic of the Ranger and Sidewinder and get them posted in the next day or two.

smokeless joe

After reading this I wish I had gone to the range today and did some shooting myself. Maybe next Wednesday. Wheel gun Wednesday. Forgot all about it.