Who makes Speedloaders for Sidewinder, Ranger, and Black Window

Started by taku, February-03-19 13:02

Previous topic - Next topic

taku

Already have a BW, but I keep looking at the Sidewinder and Rangers at the  gun shows. Are there any speedloaders available for these models?

Warthog

Welcome Taku!

Dave makes speedloaders, the guy who posted above me, and they work well and are very good.  He makes loading boxes and unloaders too, I love mine for sure!
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

MtGoat

The Sidewinders are a bit hit and miss on speed loaders working.
The cylinder does not swing out far enough on many to allow clearance for the speed loader.
Some have figured out how to clearance the assembly with some judicious filing, to get them to work.

The DS-10 Speed loaders are the bees knees on Rangers though.
Quick and simple.

Pat

Ruger

Taku . . . . WELCOME to the Forum!!  Don't forget to reload and step up to the Forum Firing Line again and again.  We need your comments and input.  Don't forget to add pictures!
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

Uncle_Lee

God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

taku

Ruger

Filing the crane pocket on the Sidewinder is to allow the cylinder to full swing out so cartridges can freely fall out, a speed loader will still be inhibited from a clean entry by the grips.

I am not concerned about maintaining a warranty on a product that doesn't work for me.

Uncle Pepper

I love my speed loader from Dave.  Love my loader box also. 
Live long and shoot straight.

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: Ruger on February-06-19 08:02
Filing the crane pocket on the Sidewinder is to allow the cylinder to full swing out so cartridges can freely fall out, a speed loader will still be inhibited from a clean entry by the grips.

I am not concerned about maintaining a warranty on a product that doesn't work for me.

It was for the new folks that may not know it.
They may want to maintain their warranty.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Ruger

Quote from: uncle_lee on February-07-19 04:02It was for the new folks that may not know it.
They may want to maintain their warranty.

Understood!

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: Uncle Pepper on February-06-19 21:02
I love my speed loader from Dave.  Love my loader box also.

I recognize that Holster! lol!  :o

Nice grips on that Ranger!
Rick Jorgenson

Uncle Pepper

Thanks Rick.  Love the holster, the grips are elk.
Live long and shoot straight.

Oddball

I have a sidewinder and has been mentioned on this thread speedloaders don't seem to work well with it since the cylinder doesn't swing out far enough.
You can get .22 speed strips though and that's what I use. You can get 10 shot speed strips so you'll have two reloads on one strip.

Honky Tonk Man

I like the speed strips too.  They work well with a little practice, and don't take up much room in the pocket or pack.  They don't rattle, and nothing to break. 
Silence is Golden - Duct Tape is Silver