Second Guardian on the way

Started by bearcatter, August-27-19 08:08

Previous topic - Next topic

bearcatter

At a great deal. $ 65 below list, no shipping, no transfer fee. Plus, I'm just squeaking in on the Ranger contest. Likely use the credit for an extra mag.

A local LGS has a website, and a second store 100 miles west. His Guardians are at the other store, naturally, but it should be here in a couple of days. Whenever he needs to go from there to here.

The Occasionally Better Half actually doesn't want me to sell any guns to cover it, to keep them as an investment. She doesn't catch how long that takes. I couldn't beat break even on my oldest gun, a 2009 10/22 DSP. It was $ 280, lists for $ 419 now. My Bearcats are from 2011. Paid $ 450, list is $ 689.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

ToddinAz

Nice! 32 or 380?

I though about getting a 380 Guardian next, but I want to see how it goes with my 32

bearcatter

The 32, just like the first one. The 380 is bigger, six ounces heavier, and kicks about half again harder. Not worth, to me, the small improvement in terminal ballistics.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

postalman

Quote from: bearcatter on August-27-19 08:08
At a great deal. $ 65 below list, no shipping, no transfer fee. Plus, I'm just squeaking in on the Ranger contest. Likely use the credit for an extra mag.

A local LGS has a website, and a second store 100 miles west. His Guardians are at the other store, naturally, but it should be here in a couple of days. Whenever he needs to go from there to here.

The Occasionally Better Half actually doesn't want me to sell any guns to cover it, to keep them as an investment. She doesn't catch how long that takes. I couldn't beat break even on my oldest gun, a 2009 10/22 DSP. It was $ 280, lists for $ 419 now. My Bearcats are from 2011. Paid $ 450, list is $ 689.

Sounds like someone has been to Trader Jerry's. Good selection of minis on their website also. Good prices!
"Let the gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."- Thomas Jefferson

bearcatter

You got it. Trader Jerry's is a good place. About a twenty minute trip for me, and nothing else in his area interests me, so I don't go there very often. I'm close to Bryansteen's, but they are getting a bit high, like their transfer fee is now $40. Their ammo is outrageous, I do that at Sportsman's Warehouse.

FWIW, they got the Guardian today, I'll pick it up tomorrow. Three day turnover on my order isn't bad.

bearcatter

Well, I got it about noon , and it's exactly like the first one. Great fit and finish, and the trigger pulls feel identical. Not much else to say until I go shoot it, which may be a while.

One interesting point, I bought the first one in April 2018. This one's serial is only 350 higher, and the test fire casing envelopes are dated the month and year I bought them. So, 350 guns produced in 16 months?

Jimbobcc

Sounds so cool that only a picture will justify it, holster pic?

Boisesteve

Good plan Bearcat, you've got your two. Nice.  Smart.
And, interesting about the serial numbers.  Sure is a low production quantity, but there it was, still for sale, so either they've got it figured that it makes at least some profit for them, or it's acceptable as a thing they make for it's own sake, or for the company reputation, and its positive value to their bottom line or rep keeps it in production.