my first MK III/II FrankenRuger

Started by linux_author, November-27-19 14:11

Previous topic - Next topic

linux_author

hey folks - hope everyone has a great Turkey Day... beautiful weather down here in the Near Tropics... right now i'm sitting in the kitchen watching a pumpkin pie come out of the oven...

my project today was to put a spare MKIII barrel to use... i had used its frame for a Pac-lite threaded barrel, but didn't want the MKIII target barrel to just sit...

so.... i scrounged up some parts, decided i like the MK II frame more than the MK III, and put together another pistol for the range bag: MK II frame, MK III barrel and bolt, and a spare set of grips (i have some Ruger rubber ones on order...

will give it a workout at the range this weekend:

KEN AR

Very nice!
Franken Rugers are so much fun. Kind of like Lego's of the 22 world.

I've got loads of pieces and parts.  Still have a extra MK III 22/45 frame to finish and have 2 uppers for it.

Have a couple of MK IV uppers and not a single MK IV lower... I'm sure time will resolve that issue...

Currently have the MK II 10" and MK III Slabside as my favorites
MK III 22/45 is being built for a steel plate gun.

Ken AZ is now KEN AR, moved in 2021 to the Natural State
Black Widow MAG/LR, Mini Master, Mini 1 5/8" Mag/LR
Desert Gun Leather holsters
https://desertgunleather.com/
RevisionCV.com Grips

KEN AR

I guess with it being Winter time here in AZ I need to get some Desert Gun Leather to keep these warm. 

I sure liked the Ruger holster rick posted a few weeks ago.
RevisionCV.com Grips

linux_author

nice pistols! i like the holster too... well, i couldn't wait, so i snuck out of the house this morning and took the FrankenRuger out for a run... funny thing is that i simply removed the red dot from another MK III and plopped it onto the rails of this one... kinda pleased, and no failures of 100 rounds of cheap ammo:

Rick_Jorgenson

After picking up the all of the Ruger parts laying around the house... you boys have put together a couple guns!  Now go outside and shoot! lol!!

Its like Lego's with gunpowder!

All those guns need now is a Chest Holster to carry them  ;)

Rick Jorgenson

KEN AR

Rick,
Yes,  I do need one! Issue is, what length? 

I have the 10, 6 7/8, two of the 5 1/2, and a 4 3/4....

Guess we go 7" and let the extra 3 hang out on the 10". 
I will have a Form 1 for one of the 5 1/2 and that new design of yours could do that easy enough.

The others would easily carry well in that length. 

I might have to come see you at the show on Friday!

RevisionCV.com Grips

linux_author

finally finished converting to all mk ii frames... now i have a trio for the range: