Pocket ammo pouch and a new holster.

Started by flash, February-01-21 18:02

Previous topic - Next topic

flash

There are some threads about "watch pocket holsters" and mag pouches.  Rather than divert those threads I thought I would post about the evolution of my 22LR mini revolver carry methods.

I bought my .22 LR mini in, I think, 1992.  It could have been 1993, I don't recollect for certain.  I had gotten my bride a dozen red roses for Valentine's Day.  She said something like "aw honey I didn't get you anything nice like that..." I knew just the thing, I said.  Off we went to Gallenson's in downtown Salt Lake City, where I bought and paid for the brand new North American Arms mini revolver featured in the attached pics.

I am left handed and for a while I carried that mini loose in my pocket. Or, more likely, in a Black Diamond fanny pack.  A real sturdy fanny pack.  Not one of those cheesy ones with a tiny little strap and little 1" buckle.  This one had a front slip pocket that was perfect for something like a mini revolver.

Being the super crafty person I am, I made the high quality, super exclusive "pocket watch magazine pouch" shown in the first pic.  Pistol in left front pocket, keys in the right, ammo pouch in the watch pocket.

A few years later I ponied up the $18 for a nylon pocket holster direct from NAA.

flash

That super fancy, custom stapled ammo pouch served me well for a lot of years.  Currently it has some Winchester high velocity hollowpoints in it.  I don't have any idea what the specs are on that ammo as I put them in the mag pouch probably in the mid 90's.

The nylon holster also served me well for a lot of years.  It still works fine, but the cylinder catches when pulling the firearm.  It is still good but not for any sort of emergency deployment.  The spare ammo pouch has needed attention a few times (Velcro gets clogged up a bit) but it still holds.

So I got me a shiny new holster.

This was a bit of a splurge for me but the new holster is amazing.  It holds the gun in exactly the same place no matter what.  It protects both hammer and trigger, and holds extra rounds in a snap pouch.  The spare ammo pouch is a tiny bit larger than the one in the old nylon holster but seems to be fine.

I really do recommend these Desert Gun Leather holsters.  Very strong workmanship and materials.  I see this one lasting me a lifetime.

SCADAman29325

I bet you do a lot with PVC too. JK.

My wife still picks on me for building PVC football goal post for my kids when they were about 8 & 9.

flash

Oops... here are the pics!

bearcatter

Rick certainly does beyootiful work. I have a couple of his creations myself.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

flash

Quote from: SCADAman29325 on February-01-21 18:02
I bet you do a lot with PVC too. JK.

Heh... you ain't wrong  :o

Gimme a roll of Super 33 tape and some Ty-raps and I am A-O-Good!