32 ACP Guardian. Piece of junk or is it shooter related?

Started by JSOO59, May-25-22 10:05

Previous topic - Next topic

JSOO59

Took my new NAA Guardian 32 ACP to the range and the first two magazines fed flawlessly with 71 gr Aguila FMJ ammo using the magazine with the standard floor plate. Filling the same magazine now with PMC 60 gr JHP the gun again worked flawlessly. I loaded up the magazine with the extended floor plate and after 3 rounds the magazine came out. This happened time and time again with both the FMJ and the JHP ammo but only with the extended floor plate mag. The standard mag worked fine. I brought the gun home and cleaned and lubed it. Went back to the range with the same two types of ammo and can only shoot two or three rounds before I get a FTE or FTF and now both magazines are popping out after two or three shots. I have watched my grip to make sure I am not touching the magazine release button and am not. I even shot the gun gripping it with just one finger and the magazine still came out. I have slammed the magazines in as hard as I can and sometimes the standard floor plate mag will shoot four round before it pops free. I don't know what to do and I surely can't trust this gun. I have tightened my grip on the gun and loosened my grip all with the same results. I have been to the range with this gun three times now and have put 250 rounds through it and it is not getting any better. I am still seeing mags pop out and am having FTEs and FTFs. I'd like to figure it out and keep it but at this point I'm ready to send it to auction.

bearcatter

I'm not sure what to tell you. I have two Guardian 32s, and eight magazines (all with flat floor plates), no problems. With extended floor plates, I was occasionally having mags pop loose. My hands are just the size to put significant pressure on the extension. Flat plates do fine. I don't like the extensions for carry, so I'm happy.
With early Guardians, mags popping loose was a major issue and NAA redesigned the mag catch.

I would call NAA, 800-821-5783, their customer service is excellent.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

Uncle_Lee

First of all.
Welcome to the forum JS0059.

I will second the motion for you contacting NAA.
They will either fix your Guardian or replace it with a new one.
They are the best at making right on a NAA product.

After they get you going, you will need a beautiful holster and on this very forum is the place to get what you are looking for.
Then post some pictures of what you carry. Guardian, holster, keys, money, knife, what ever you carry.

WELCOME
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Bkraft

New as in factory new? Or new to you?

Sounds like you need a new mag catch assembly.  The older .32 Guardians wouldn?t work with the finger grip floor plate mags without the mag catch upgrade.

This sounds exactly like your situation.  Contact NAA and they?ll get you fixed up.

top dog

JS,
First,welcome to the forum.

I have one of the early 32 Guardians and have experienced zero problems.

NAA customer service is superb. Give them a call and I am sure that they will correct the problem in short order.

Top Dog

bearcatter

It's been two weeks since his one post. This may be a dead thread. Hello, JS0059?
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

Bigbird48

bearcatter

I hope he solved his problems and likes his Guardian now. Mine make me happy, within the limits of what they are.