New here, not to guns. looking for NAA 22-S information

Started by VaderSpade, January-03-24 13:01

Previous topic - Next topic

VaderSpade

Hello, I have had a NAA 22-S in my safe for well over 30 years. I was just wondering when it was made and I see they may have recalled the cylinders?

It has a 4 digit SN 678X

I have sent an email to NAA but don't when or if I may get a reply. Thanks for any help.

naaadmin

If you email [email protected] or call in, they should be able to get you an answer.  :)

pietro

Welcome to the board, V.S. ! ! !   :)

Pssst - we like pics, here....   ;)
Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

Uncle_Lee

V.S. glad to have you on board.
Not a lot of harsh rules here. About like setting in the barber shop.
Don't get mad if you post something and it gets drifted on. That happens sometimg.
If you post on what you did, give us a picture of it. We for sure like pictures. (not sexy ones unless it is a beautiful gun).
If you are going to be really proud of something you did, post a picture of it or it didn't happen.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

VaderSpade

Quote from: naaadmin on January-03-24 15:01
If you email [email protected] or call in, they should be able to get you an answer.  :)

I sent an email (as mentioned in my post) and got back a canned response asking for the information that WAS in the email they were answering. That doesn't build a lot of confidence.

bill_deshivs

My guess is that it was made around 1978.
The newer guns have a notch cut between the chambers for the hammer to rest in.

Uncle_Lee

I bought a pair of new NAA 22 short models in 76 and they had a 5 digit serial number.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

VaderSpade

I got an answer from NAA and was told It was manufactured on the 4/8/1975.

top dog

Vader,
First welcome to the forum.

If your short does not have the safety notches between the chambers,may I suggest you sent it to NAA to have them install an upgraded cylinder for free??

Now............I have to warn you,once you start shooting your mini,you will be bitten by the mini bug and probably will be getting (several) more in the near future.

Don't worry it's OK we will um,err,ahh    "help" you.

Top Dog

heyjoe

Personally I would not send the cylinder back with the 22 short. I would buy a new cylinder and have it times and keep the original cylinder. ikf i wasnt going to carry it, I would just put the hammer down between rounds
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today