Spanish Fork Naa's

Started by Silentknight, July-02-13 17:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Silentknight

I ran up on a 22LR that was made in Spanish Fork,Utah and not Provo.It also had the patent number on the right sideplate.Im fairly new at this so is it rare?
Flight or Fight? Well,Im fresh outta feathers but I have plenty of ammo!

MR_22

Rare, sure--in that we don't see a lot of them. More valuable? I dunno. Maybe. Maybe not. Only if you find a buyer for which this model is more desirable and they'll give you more money.

I have one. Do I think it's rare? Sure. Do I like it better than some of my other NAA's. Well, sure. It's different. But honesty, for the average guy out there, they're not going to care. I care, because I consider myself to be a bit of a collector, but would I pay more for it? I'm not sure that I would.

It's a cool one to own, tho, which is why I have one.

Dunno if that helps you or not.

45flint

I have a Spanish Fork, with a 2.5 inch barrel.  You really don't see these that often but I don't think its that valuable.  A normal Spanish Fork I don't think would have a premium over any othe NAA unless someone wanted the novelty as a part of NAA history.   They were made in Spanish Fork for a number of years. 

Uncle_Lee

Here are two made in Spanish Fork that I bought because of the long barrels and not where they were made.
I don't think where they were made makes a difference.

God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Silentknight

My Spanish Fork is a standard 22LR 1 1/8 bbl.The sideplate screw is noticeably larger and it seem much tighter than an average revolver.As you know,Im a newbie and have never personally seen the 2 1/2 bbl.model.

Uncle_Lee

I have seen the different models of the Spanish Fork minis for sale. I bought these because of the barrels.
God, Country, & Flag

45flint

They came out with the Black Widow confiquiration and these 2.5 were discontinued.  Have no idea if they are rare, but you never see them.

Silentknight

Flint,the dealer I bought mine from said he hadn't seen a Spanish Fork in the past 5 years or so.He thinks that are being hoarded by collectors.

Uncle_Lee

Oh, Oh, I'm going to have to go through mine and see how many were made in Spanish Fork....
Maybe I've hit the lottery.... 8)
God, Country, & Flag

Silentknight

You can only hope... ;D

45flint

Quote from: Silentknight on July-04-13 10:07
Flint,the dealer I bought mine from said he hadn't seen a Spanish Fork in the past 5 years or so.He thinks that are being hoarded by collectors.

As I remember they were in Spanish Fork for several years?  Current NAA are clueless as to production totals historically.  I wonder if a lot of Spanish Forks are sold with no mention of it, but who knows.  Mine is serial #54XXX just doesn't seem like its that rare?  But I look at mine as a collectors piece.

Uncle_Lee

Really, I just look at mine as another mini.
I bought these two because of the length of the barrels.
God, Country, & Flag

Silentknight

Im still looking for a set of boot grips for my 22LR?