personal carry

Started by nastruck, April-11-14 05:04

Previous topic - Next topic

TwoGunJayne

Quote from: Dinadan on April-17-14 18:04
Quote from: I on April-16-14 20:04
Bait is hoping to reveal intent. Trap harms the unfortunate soul who activates the device.
Okay, that makes sense. I do not recall seeing the term bait gun before.

Quote from: TwoGunJayne on April-16-14 08:04
I have one, but it's only a "trap gun" because it's an antique 2 1/2 inch chamber and steel shot shells will turn it into a frag grenade. I have modified it in no way, nor would I set it up with a tripwire or such. 2 3/4 inch shells fit the chamber, but the crimp will have nowhere to go and chamber pressures will skyrocket.
What if the pressure does not actually burst the chamber and those shot come out the muzzle? You would be Hoist with his own petard, as Shakespeare says. I would not want to depend on something that cannot be tested beforehand.

Hoist on his own petard. Great classic phrase, even more so because petard can mean a firecracker, bomb, dagger, or metaphorical action.

There's actually a fair chance of some shot exiting the muzzle with a 2 3/4 lead shot shell as the cup can deform since it's just squishy plastic. If this were not so, then "cut shells" would be suicidal to try.

Steel shot 2 3/4" most likely wouldn't exit the barrel. Steel shells are loaded hot as blazes to overcome the poor performance qualities of small steel roundball as a shotgun projectile. I'm almost certain that it would blow the receiver with little to nothing coming out of the muzzle.

Anyway, as I said... I wouldn't use my "trap gun," even with a shell or barrel modification specifically designed to blow the receiver and chamber with no projectile exit. It sounds like a bad idea to me and is definitely not my style. If someone steals it and doesn't know what it is, then that's what they get for stealing. Sorry if that sounds a bit callous, but over the years my tolerance for stupid criminals has approached near zero... but I'm not going to leave a dangerous item for some kid to find.

The "bait gun" cannot fire as it has no firing pin. No spark, no light, no shot, even assuming that the shells aren't dummies or were swapped with shells that an intruder brought along... for some reason...

RogueTS1

What is all this talk about a trap gun? My trap gun is a Fausti O/U Silvery 12 gauge with a 28" barrel. I usually shoot her choked bottom barrel modified and top barrel improved modified.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

G50AE

Quote from: TwoGunJayne on April-18-14 07:04
Quote from: G50AE on April-16-14 22:04
(OPENS ENVELOPE)

And the award for quoting something G50AE said on usacarry in this forum goes to TwoGunJayne.  Please come up on stage and pick up your CCW Badge on the table next to the podium and give a brief acceptance speech.

I find it odd having a discussion I started over three years ago on another forum gets brought up here.  I never did get an answer as to whether the device I was asking about was a "trap-gun, spring-gun, or other like device".

The gun world is a small place.

So anyway, why'd you get banned there? :)

I never got a solid answer for that one, I guess I am too libertarian for their tastes.  I had a lot of fans over there too, so it was kinda odd.

trotterlg

I carry a NAA short in a coin purse, every second of every day.  Larry

Dinadan

trotterlg - I think you need a new coin purse. Folks might figure out that yours has a gun in it. I do think that you have a good carry method, but maybe you should line the next coin with an extra layer of leather to keep it from acquiring the shape of your gun.

trotterlg

That's what 5 years in your pocket will do.  Larry

Dinadan

Quote from: trotterlg on April-20-14 16:04
That's what 5 years in your pocket will do.  Larry
That purse looks really neat, like it should be in a museum as a historical artifact, but anyone who gets a good look is going to know it has a gun in it. Of course, some folks who get a good look at me might say that I should be in a museum too.

trotterlg

Well, I am old enough to be in a museum also.  Larry

Fin13

I have the Pug with a folding grip. I had a naa with longer barrel before and it was not the accurate beyond a few feet. The way the Pug is weighted at the barrel and the sights make it, for me, a more accurate gun. I use .22 mag and can hit 21 feet within a 5 inch radius. Always good to have a gun you can keep in your pocket no matter what.

nastruck

Quote from: trotterlg on April-19-14 22:04
I carry a NAA short in a coin purse, every second of every day.  Larry

So many times I have thought of loading that little short but never have. Still the coolest gun ever!!!!

RogueTS1

Quite impressive.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

single 5

Black widow in strong side front pocket with maxi-mag hollow points and usually a combo of snake shot resting in an uncle mikes' #2 pocket holster. Its all I carry.

Goatpacker

Quote from: nastruck on April-22-14 05:04
Check this out!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzfbRAQyzh0
Very impressive, and that's a cheap short. Make me have no doubt about a premium 22 mag.