Future newbie from mo.

Started by oleshep, March-21-12 04:03

Previous topic - Next topic

oleshep

I am about to buy my 1st NAA but can't decide between the Black Widow or the Pug. Any suggestions

mainstreet

The Black Widow. It is more accurate and just as concealable as the shorter Pug if you change the grip to the slip-on rubber grip that is standard on the pug. Also, I suggest you use the new .22 wmr ammo from Hornady (Critical Defense) or Speer (Gold Dot), that is optimized for 2" barrels.

bud

I have both, and like both. Which ever one you get, you might want to think about both cylinders.

oleshep

I have been leaning towards the BW w/both cylinders & should I condider adj. sights

chopprs

There is a reason that the Pug sales are so high. For Self Defense it is incompareable in concealment and the difference in stopping power between it and the Widow is minimal. The BW is a bit more accurate but I am not planning on shooting any bad guys from a distance with a mini...

RogueTS1

I second Chopper's statement. If I were you just break down and get both. You will end up doing so anyways if you are anything like everybody else around here. One is never, never enough.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

widow420

go with fixed sights on the black widow.  the adj. sights are more trouble than they're worth.

oleshep

Does anyone have an idea when the sw will be available to those who didn't take advantage of the eb special

Dinadan

Oleshep - I would go with the BW for the first NAA. Both cylinders for sure,  

and do order some normal size grips - I do not care much for the oversize grips.  

Fixed sights would be my choice. As others have said, you will probably want  

at least one more Mini - they are addictive.

Uncle_Lee

Buy both now.

You will save postage.

You will buy the other later.

On the Earlybird special.

If you didn't get in on it and got yours coming, just get ready for a long long wait. It will be probably a year or two before you will find them at the dealers.

They will hit the auctions first selling for about double or triple until they cool down.

These are going to be hot sellers.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

coopercdrkey

Uncle,

I'm sure Sandy would be pleased if your prediction were even partially accurate. I agree with the "hot seller" prediction, but not the Break Top-like mania.  (Unless, after the EB run the factory burns down...).

If the September EB delivery date holds true, I think the distributors will have a reasonable supply by the Christmas buying season.  They won't be discounted much, of course, but should be available in the short barrel length.

I'll still be awaiting a longer barrel.  Could be a year or so for me.

PS to Newbie-  IMO, BW mag right now, then Pug combo, then BW LR cyl. upgrade.
NAA Black Widow
Bersa T380
NAA Guardian .32
Henry H001

Uncle_Lee

Hey, I read it in the tea leaves aaaaaa coffee grounds.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )