750 rounds today at the range

Started by frazierdave, August-03-12 23:08

Previous topic - Next topic

frazierdave

I went to the range today, started off with my broken NAA Mini, Ruger 22/45, and Ruger 10/22 TD:  

550 rounds of .22LR downrange.

Switched to the Glock26, speed plate rack:

100 rounds of 9mm downrange.

For desert, my AR-15 I built 1 piece at a time:

100 rounds .223mm downrange.

Finally, a guy let me shoot ten rounds of .40cal through his Kel Tec SU2000, nice gun.

2 days ago, same combo of guns/ammo:

600 rounds .22, 9mm, 5.56mm.

This happens semi frequently, I am a member of 2 ranges and have 3 private ranges to choose from.

Is this excessive? Do I have a problem? Does anyone else get this into shooting?

louiethelump

you will be able to build up to normal counts of ammo fired as you get more experience.  To start off with only 750 rounds in one session when 550 is in 22 is kind of a slow start, and with that low of a round fired count, it will take you longer to get enough shooting in to really get good at it, but you are doing OK.

With 3 ranges available, why are you shooting so little?  Do you not enjoy the sport?
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

gunr

Fraz

You own an ammo store or something?

heyjoe

i thought maybe frazier was pressed for time yesterday and thats maybe why he didnt put in a full session of .22 practice. otherwise i have no idea why he would cut it short.
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

peeshootah

Yes, this is excessive.  There is a chance you will be arrested for having TOO MUCH FUN!!!

You should probably get some help for your problem.  (I'd volunteer to help...)

RogueTS1

Wish I had the time to shoot that often. I would surmise that most around here are too busy paying Uncle Sam's way to keep the "recipient class" lifestyle up to acceptable standards to be able to get to the range and shoot that many times in a week and for that long. LOL..............
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

keith44

I haven't time to shoot that much in three or four years now.  I finally was able to move out to the country, I own 12 acres, and have access to 500 more, yet I can only find time to shoot about twice a month, and only 20 or 30 minutes at a time.  I gotta work on that

RogueTS1

I am willing to bet if we could get the Feds back into their proper place that we all could find a lot more time to do a lot more enjoyable things; shooting being one of these at the top of the list.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

keith44

FrRichard

God bless,
Fr. Richard

ArmedPatriot

I love my guns and I reload but honestly I prefer playing golf over shooting. Just got a season pass to the half dozen city courses so Im golfing like crazy when Im up for it.

When I shoot its generally just so I can come home and play with my reloading press more than the shooting itself.

keith44

I have been kicked off every golf course I have tried to play on. They say you are not allowed to place the ball on a Tee and back up 200 yards and shoot it.  Something about a 25'06 and too much disturbance ... I just don't understand, the ball went the right direction

RogueTS1

Sounds like my kind of golf.

gunr

Keith,

Try reducing your load, and putting some ear muffs over the end of the barrel

keith44

hmm reduced load...nah but the ear muffs might help