New grip ideas

Started by 45flint, December-03-11 13:12

Previous topic - Next topic

45flint

From now on any thread I post on grips will be in the buy sell or trade section.  At this point I don't think it is appropriate to post them in the main NAA Gun forum.  I am at the point that I have made so many that I will probably post one for sale to test the waters.  I am looking at three different ones now to finish.  The Elk is half done except for spacer and fine fitting.  It is very different from sambar; finer bark details and more reddish brown than sambar black.  the birds head are moose.  I am looking to leave them total bark except for the edges, not sure.  The last is a quest for pearl boots.  Bought a old set of pearl grips that I think I can shape and plan to use a ebony spacer.  See what happens.  Steve  

mndoug

Wow... where'd you learn to do that?  Nice work!

45flint

Just having fun and all of a sudden I have 5 grips and three guns with more on the way.  Steve

mndoug

For the past few days I've been wrestling with my own big "leather grip" idea... it is a MOTHER to do leather-wrapping work on something so small.  And then to implant a decorative element... Sheesh.

So I admire somebody who can craft nice grips.

45flint

Would have no idea how to approach it in leather.  Post your progress and pictures etc.  Would be fun to see.  Actually some great ideas were given to me by this forum.  My favorite grip has the magnetic closure which I really would not have thought of.

45flint

Finished the Elk boots, very different from Sambar, trying to decide which I like the best.  A little wider, walnut spacer halfway up the grip.