My Pug Holsters

Started by TKdad, January-11-17 17:01

Previous topic - Next topic

TKdad

Holsters I have, so far, for my new Pug......

My first choice was to go with no holster, just a Pug in the pocket.  Tried it for a while and did like it but with the relatively sharp edges on the business end of the Pug and the hammer spur, I was afraid that over time it would wear through the pockets.

For running with the Pug I bought the NAA IWB holster (HIP-PUG) and boned it.  Used it many times since and it definitely fits the need and works well.  I am happy with it for running and will stick with it. 

For pocket carry (pjs, robe, basketball shorts, sweatpants, dress pants, jeans, etc.) I bought the DeSantis (X5).  Bought it from Amazon, don't see it on the DeSantis website.  Disclaimer....the Pug DOES NOT FIT in this holster in it's stock form.  I knew that when I bought it and modified the holster.  Pug now fits great.  The DeSantis was the first pocket holster I purchased and I like it OK.

In my effort to keep the holster economy churning, I picked up a Stoner holster (15P-5).  Great quality on this holster.  With the oversized grip the Pug sits a bit low in the holster for my liking.  I think it will be fine once I put on thingmeisters or would be fine with the stock grip. If I were to keep the current oversized grip and wanted to use the Stoner on a regular basis, a quick couple stitches in the bottom of the holster to raise the Pug up a quarter inch would do the trick.

Then, saw someone post a pick of a Pug in a Sticky Holster....so bought one of those (SM-1)  Right now, I prefer the Sticky (in the pocket) as the draw is quicker because I can get my fingers around the current grip without having to "nudge" the gun up in the holster a bit like I do with the Stoner and the Pug slides out of the Sticky better than it does from the DeSantis. 

I also bought the holster grip from NAA.  So far I have yet to install/try it.  The thought when I bought it was it would be just the right solution so I wouldn't have to change holsters between running and everything else.  Clip would work for running and would just slip into my pocket the rest of the time.  We'll see, it may just stay in the bag for a while.

Anyway, there we go, my current collection and thoughts on each.  Hope that helps someone else out down the road.

Gog

Good read, thanks for that! Been looking at holsters lately and have seen the Sticky (online). Been wondering about that one.

EvilWayz

WIsh I'd seen this thread ten years ago.  I've lost two of the *** things because of holster issues.  The local PD is not happy with me.
And Hades followed with him...

JRobyn

With a little, inexpensive DeSantis pocket holster it should be just about impossible to lose one.

dbrn

Very nice,  I like  the leather one.   

EvilWayz

Who makes the bottom right holster, and does it have a clip on the other side?
And Hades followed with him...

grayelky

I have what used to be an inside waist band holster that is now a pocket holster. The metal clip became damaged and useless, and was removed. The holster was already broken in, so it seemed a natural solution. I can get my hand around the grip, and my second finger pushes against the leather, sliding it away from the mini as it comes out of my pocket.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"