WTS Ruger "Silver Shooter" 22lr auto

Started by louiethelump, December-07-11 20:12

Previous topic - Next topic

louiethelump

Grips and frame are sold.  the Pac-Lite is available as below:

Stainless Ruger MKII frame, bolt, and mainspring Assy along with one Ruger factory magazine and standard factory grips grips:  $250 shipped to you directly, as no FFL is required.  FRAME ASSY IS SPF

Silver colored 4" Pac-Lite upper receiver that is brand new and unfired.  $250 shipped to your FFL dealer from mine.

Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

Uncle_Lee

That is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

louiethelump

Even Prettier in person.  The flash on the camera alters the color match.  It can be yours.  Make you a deal.......

Louie
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

mndoug

So Louie, with me not knowing anything about the Silver Shooter...

Is it basically a lightweight Ruger Mark?  From your perspective, are there other cool things to know about it?

Inquiring minds want to know...

louiethelump

I pretty much described it in the original post.  Standard lower from Ruger; Pac-Lite aluminum upper 4" barrel with a match grade steel barrel liner in the Aluminum receiver (see Tactical Solutions web site for details of their receivers), Hogue aluminum grips, and a Ram Line 12 shot magazine to increase capacity.

It is still a 22 if that is what you are asking.

I have pretty much decided to break it up and sell it in pieces.  The frame assy with standard grips less the upper for $250, the upper receiver for $250, and the aluminum Hogue grips for $40.  I just thought I would list it here as there are a bunch of 22 shooters here.

Louie
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

zippovarga

Argh...If only they were Mark III Grips!! Beautiful firearm. I love my MKIII Hunter.

louiethelump

They are MKIII grips.

See the cut out for the magazine release?

Louie
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

mndoug

Louie - did you build it this way, or was it sold as a package?  Cool gun.

zippovarga

louiethelump

Silver grips are sold to Zippovarga.  The rest is still available.

UPDATE:  Frame and bolt assy is SOLD

Pac-Lite upper is still available

Doug:

I bought the slightly used Ruger MKII and then came into a deal on some Pac-Lite uppers and bought 6 of them.  (all different but two threaded barrel ones)  I put it all together as you see it, and stuck it in the safe and never got around to shooting it.  Upper is brand new, and I will probably take it to Gunbroker.  The frame will go on Ruger Forum.

Louie
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

zippovarga

Heya Louie......will that Pac-Lite work with the MKIII?? Does the absence of the bolt bring the price of the upper down any? Also, is that an FFL or PTP item? One more question..lol...will my MKIII bolt work if the upper works with the MKIII? Sorry for all the questions here.....not sure if any of the "improvements" made to the Mark III interferes with the upper. Thanks!!

louiethelump

Zippo:

The Pac-Lite does not come with the bolt, and works with whatever bolt your gun has.  It works with MKI, MKII, and MKIII equally, but of course as it does not have a loaded chamber indicator, you lose that with the Pac-Lite.  (no big loss to many folks)

Since the bolt does not come with the Pac-Lite, the absence of it does not reduce the price.  Being a NAA board member reduces the price a bit if you are interested.  (Ask for details by PM if interested)

As the upper is the ser numbered part, it IS a FFL required part for out of state transfer.  The changes on the MKIII don't have anything to do with the upper other than the loaded chamber indicator.

Hope that answers your questions.

Louie
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

louiethelump

All items gone!  Thanks to Zippo and the rest that expressed interest!

Louie
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

zippovarga

You bet Louie! Top notch transaction. Every one should be so easy. Email sent on the blue grips you mentioned.  

Cheers!!

And thank you Louie!