Mammoth Mammoth Grip Finished

Started by 45flint, January-10-12 20:01

Previous topic - Next topic

45flint

Probably needs to be on a Hog.  Used NAA small screw. Ebony spacer.  Long grip kind of reminds me of the 1860 Army.  Went up the neck further because these scales were 1.5 wide rarely get them that wide and it made it possible to go higher so I did.  Actually like the way it totally hides the screw on the side.  Brought the ebony spacer way up the back as again the width allowed it.  

louiethelump

Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

Uncle_Lee

Dog gone, those are a beautiful piece of work.

The only thing wrong with that set is that it is not on one of my Hogs.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

capn

Man, it's a privilege to be able to see your work. Those grips really make the gun.

westerly1965

Another nice set of grips good work!

franco22

I can only echo what the others have said. Beautiful grips.

45flint

Thanks much, I really don't know how I can top this grip. it kind of has it all.  Mammoth material is second to none. So solid, buff to a glossy shine, looks antiqued. So many different patterns and colors and to think you are hold a piece of a extinct woolly mammoth.

masterdebater

so thats what my nails would look like if i didnt bite them so much... do want! (the grips of course, not your claws)how much would you charge for a set?

Uncle_Lee

He doesn't charge what his grips are worth.
God, Country, & Flag

45flint

I play guitar as a main hobby so that's the nails you are seeing.  The cost is dependent on my material cost for the mammoth scale.  The one above requires a scale that is 1.5 inches wide.  Not easy to get.  Right now I see one on a site that is similar and its cost is $110.  I would have to see what the total cost is but I would be around $200 on the finished grips.  If I find a cheaper scale that would reduce things.  If you want to use Elk I would be around $100.

Uncle_Lee

See, I told you so........
God, Country, & Flag

masterdebater

guitar1580

Those are awesome.  The dark striping has a nice even pattern too.  Great work.  

You must be a fingerstyle player.  I have the nails on the right hand too.

Josh P

45flint

Not Really Neil Young flatpicker but hold flat pick between thumb and index and add notes with the nailed fingers.  Hybrid style, Glenn Campbell used it a lot.  

Steve