New to mini’s and introduction

Started by splntrp, November-21-17 13:11

Previous topic - Next topic

splntrp

Just thought I would stop in and say hi. I've been lurking around the forum for a while and learning as much as I can about the mini's and ended up buying one earlier this week. These pistols are so fascinating to me with how small they are. I'm not a newbie to firearms but I am to mini's and revolvers.
I hope to learn more about these little pistols, and decide on a holster soon. I'm not sure of the name of the guy that does them but those are some beautiful holsters I keep a.
I've already found another one at the local gun store that keeps calling my name. It's so hard to resist.
I tried to post a pic of mine but it says the file size is too big. Any easy way to resize them?

Ruger

Welcome to the forum splntrp!.  Don't be shy.  Pull up a chair around our fire and share your opinions, speak your mind, let us know how your range visit went down.  We love new topics and new opinions in old ones.  Great to have you!
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

Rick_Jorgenson

Welcome to the Forum

Re-Sizing photos is easy, unless you don't know how to do it....

Depends on your O.S. and computer.

On a Mac...

How to batch resize pictures on Mac
Step 1: Select all the images you want to resize.
Step 2: Right click on them and select "Open With Preview."
Step 3: In Preview, go to Edit > Select All.
Step 4: Once all images are selected, go to Tools > Adjust Size.

On a PC...

How do I resize pictures in Windows?
Select the photos you want to resize, and then on the Edit tab, in the Properties group, click Resize.
Click the Select a size list, and then select a size for your photos. For a custom size, in the Maximum dimensions box, enter the maximum width you want your photos to be.
Click Resize and save.

These directions look "clear as mud" if your not a little computer literate.

(I barely get by, I just google questions on my computer about my computer!) lol!!

Hope this helps!  Size wise,  1000 pixels is usually small enough to upload and large enough to see.  Change the largest number to 1000 the other will change itself (exp. 2300 X 3200) enter 1000 in the 3200 box.

Or, ask a kid.....lol!! I do that to!

Welcome!

Here's a couple holster photo's from a guy I know....  ::)
Rick Jorgenson

David Culp

Welcome SPLNTRP! Yes minis are addictive! Ricks holsters look great, I expect I'll be trying to get one in the near future.

franco22

Welcome SPLNTRP. If you haven't guessed Rick is the guy who makes the holsters. I have one for my Black Widow. Go ahead and pick up that other mini at the lgs. You know you want to. ;)

Warthog

WELCOME splntrp!!

Rick makes the best holsters I have owned for the Minis.  Get with him and he will give you a good deal and make it to your specs and he will make it and get it to you quickly.  He made these two for me and is making me a couple more right now and when they are done I will show them off too.  These two are for my Sidewinder and my Black Widow.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

MR_22

Welcome, welcome! Glad you dropped by. Stay a while! Stay forever! :D

mainstreet

Welcome to our asylum! We are all CRAZY about NAA and all their guns.

bleak_window

Welcome splntrp!  The NAA mini is a bit unusual for a first revolver, but they work so well for deep and easy concealment.

splntrp

Thanks everyone. Rick, I've been eyeballing those holsters for days now. Very good work.

splntrp

I mainly use an iPad or iPhone for my web browsing. Any idea how to resize a picture on an iPad?

zburkett

Don't over look the folding holster grip.  They are kind of ugly (really they are ugly with a capitol UG) but they make carry simple and the mini much easier to shoot.  As the others have said, welcome.

Bigbird48

How to resize your iPhone photos to frame ready sizes in just seconds

Launch the Photos app and find the photo you'd like to size. ...
    Tap on Edit in the upper right hand corner.
    A menu will appear along the bottom. ...
    Now tap on the Aspect button.
    Here you can choose what constraints you need for a given frame.

Quote from: splntrp on November-24-17 19:11
I mainly use an iPad or iPhone for my web browsing. Any idea how to resize a picture on an iPad?

splntrp

Quote from: zburkett on November-26-17 06:11
Don't over look the folding holster grip.  They are kind of ugly (really they are ugly with a capitol UG) but they make carry simple and the mini much easier to shoot.  As the others have said, welcome.

The holster grips look promising, I'm just leery of being able to deploy it quick enough if it is needed. I may have to pick one up and try it out.

splntrp

Quote from: Bigbird48 on November-26-17 08:11
How to resize your iPhone photos to frame ready sizes in just seconds

Launch the Photos app and find the photo you'd like to size. ...
    Tap on Edit in the upper right hand corner.
    A menu will appear along the bottom. ...
    Now tap on the Aspect button.
    Here you can choose what constraints you need for a given frame.

Thank you so much. In all these years I have never seen that button on there. I knew about the cropping and rotation feature though.

Quote from: splntrp on November-24-17 19:11

scbuxton

Quote from: splntrp on November-27-17 14:11
Quote from: zburkett on November-26-17 06:11

The holster grips look promising, I'm just leery of being able to deploy it quick enough if it is needed. I may have to pick one up and try it out.

My holster grips are beautiful, you must have bought the ugly ones zburkett! 
Splntrp, you'll find that the holster grips open just about as fast as you can pull the pistol from your pocket. Easy without much practice. I have holster grips on a black widow, a 1 5/8 magnum,  a short and a 1 1/8 lr. They are very convenient to carry and one or more is on my person when pants are on. Now that we are enjoying cooler weather I can carry larger pistols under my jacket but the minis are always there too.
Welcome to the club.

Uncle_Lee

Welcome Spintrp

I got to the pictures of Rick's holsters and got hung up for about 10 minutes.
I love them.....
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: uncle_lee on November-28-17 04:11
Welcome Spintrp

I love them.....

Uncle_Lee...

I appreciate that but worry about you spending that kind of time looking at holsters!

If you ever make it to the shop we may loose you for days!! lol!!

You can pull up a stool with BigBird48 (Bert) and spend the day!  I'll even get you lunch!

Thanks for your support!

Here is another for you!!
Rick Jorgenson

zburkett

OK, beauty is as beauty does and I have holster grips on my carry guns.  I do have a 1 5/8" mini with oversized wood grips that slips into an outside coat pocket when I am wearing one.  As for getting into action, with a little use and practice you can flip it open as it comes out.  New it is a little stiff but silicon and use take care of that.  Another advantage of the holster grip is anyone that sees it just thinks you are carrying a knife.

Uncle_Lee

Sorry Rick,
I'm never out of the apartment for over 3 hours at a time.
Thanks for the thought anyway.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

splntrp

Thanks everyone. Now that I am finally out of probation it feels pretty nice. I can actually respond in a timely manner. I do understand why though.

redhawk4

Welcome splntrp, those Holsters of Ricks are beautiful, I will be looking into something like that for my Ranger II when it arrives, I want something better than some nylon and rubber for that one.
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

RogueTS1

Welcome Spintrp

I love them.....

One cannot use one of Rick's beautiful holsters on a holster gripped Mini.  :o
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Bigbird48

Why not? I'm sure Rick could design a holster that would work with those grips. Yikes Rick hope I'm not putting you on the spot  ;D.
Seems like it would not be a lot different then pulling it out of your pocket :)

Quote from: RogueTS1 on November-28-17 19:11
Welcome Spintrp

I love them.....

One cannot use one of Rick's beautiful holsters on a holster gripped Mini.  :o

RogueTS1

I am sure he could make a knife holster that they would work in but would that really be a gun holster?  ???
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: RogueTS1 on November-29-17 10:11
I am sure he could make a knife holster that they would work in but would that really be a gun holster?  ???

After reading this whole thread and no one started calling the Holster Grips "Floppy Wobblers".  Are you all going soft? lol!!
Rick Jorgenson

Warthog

Well, I am not a fan of the holster grips.  Never even tried to use them since they always were a little hard for me to hold on to.  They also tend to scratch my Minis as they are deployed which was another reason I wasn't much of a fan of them.  But I know there are a few here who like them so I must be doing something wrong.  I like Rick's holsters though and have a couple of them, soon I will have four of his holsters too. 
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

kycliff162

Hi...I'm still on probation,,but like & enjoy the forum this far..

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: kycliff162 on December-02-17 15:12
Hi...I'm still on probation,,but like & enjoy the forum this far..
Hi and Welcome to the Forum!!!!

Post a photo, tell us little about you and/or your pistol!

Glad you are enjoying the Forum

Rick
Rick Jorgenson

Uncle Fatso

"Launch the photos app"

Which app do you guys recommend for posting photos from an iPhone?  It needs to be simple if possible.  I'm a Luddite.

bglz42