CVang ammo pod

Started by ikoiko, November-30-17 14:11

Previous topic - Next topic

ikoiko

Got this in an email today

Primary functions of Revision CV Ammo Pod.
Ammunition container: RCV Ammo Pods provides a clean and organize option for carrying extra ammunition for your revolvers. A durable plastic housing and rubberized cap, minimizes ammunition exposure to contaminants (e.g. lint, dirt, dust). Openings on the plastic housing allows for quick visual verification if the Ammo Pod is full or empty. 

Ammunition loading: By simply aligning and pushing down, RCV Ammo Pods are designed to quickly drop a full load of ammunition into your revolver firearm. The simple design and operation ensures reliability.

Expected ship date is December 18th, 2017. Taking orders now. Order directly from the "Products" page though the Revision CV website. For more information please visit www.revisioncv.com

Product: Ammo Pod-Single. (For NAA 22 Magnum revolvers)
SKU: AP-NAAMAG-1
Price: $10.00 (+Shipping)

Product: Ammo Pod-5 Pack. (For NAA 22 Magnum revolvers)
SKU: AP-NAAMAG-5
Price: $42.00 (+Shipping)

gtgoldsmith

Now we just need to see if it will work with the Ranger II

Warthog

Got the same email, seems like this is an alternative to DS Speed's loaders.  I ill give them a try but the DS SPEEDLOADERS ROCK!  I ill use them for my carry needs with the new Ranger II.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

redhawk4

Quite a nice idea the way the ammo is covered.
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

RangerJim

Yeah, looks pretty cool.  May be useful even just for carrying ammo, if not necessarily to replace the DS speed loaders.  May have to check it out.  Thanks, iko!
So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

redhawk4

Lets face it reloading a mini in anger is an unlikely event in a confrontation, but I still like to have extra ammo, these seem to give you a faster reload in a Ranger if necessary, but also a nice way to just pack along some extra rounds, all in one. I like the idea, I'd like to see them up close.
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

Warthog

Well, I like the DS Speed Loaders and will carry one of those with my Ranger II.  I am really sure it will be able to be used when in a self defense situation too.

These new ones also seem like a nice addition to things but I need to have one in hand and use it before I give it my seal of approval.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

splntrp

Maybe I don't know enough about rimfires but wouldn't the exposed ends of the cartridge not pose a problem? Like say somehow something hit the primer end, would / could there be enough force to ignite the cartridge? If it's in your pocket with some other things and you pull something else out of your pocket and the pod falls out and lands on the floor or a rock?

LHB

Is it possible, yes, is it likely, no.  People drop rimfire rounds all the time, and they don't go off.  Same thing could happen with a centerfire wih some speed loaders.  As a kid, I carried them loose in my pocket, and other than wearing off the wax lube, no problem.  At the club that I belong to, we seem to have people who are too lazy to bend over to pick up a dropped or spilled 22, and then they walk on them on concrete and mixed into the gravel on the plinking range firing line.  I have picked up as many as 15 good cartridges spilled under a bench rest.

splntrp

Makes sense now that I think about it. Thanks.

Scout24

I always carry spare ammo, either sandwiched in two big pieces of velcro, or in my pocket holster's snap compartment. Other options are always nice, and I'll probably pick a couple up.

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: RangerJim on November-30-17 19:11
Yeah, looks pretty cool.  May be useful even just for carrying ammo, if not necessarily to replace the DS speed loaders.  May have to check it out.  Thanks, iko!

I am in with Ranger Jim.
I will buy some "cause they are cool".

When I was young I would carry 3 or 4 22 shorts in my mouth because I didn't have pockets in my shorts. (hunting with a single shot 22)
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

smokeless joe

I got that email also. Would like to see a video of them being used.

Quote from: uncle_lee on December-04-17 04:12
When I was young I would carry 3 or 4 22 shorts in my mouth because I didn't have pockets in my shorts. (hunting with a single shot 22)
Good thing you didn't sneeze. Might have given a new meaning to blowing your nose 😄

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: smokeless joe on December-04-17 04:12
I got that email also. Would like to see a video of them being used.

Good thing you didn't sneeze. Might have given a new meaning to blowing your nose 😄

Ya, good thing I didn't.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

RangerJim

Quote from: RangerJim on November-30-17 19:11

I am in with Ranger Jim.
I will buy some "cause they are cool".

Hah!  Love the imagery!  You're my hero, uncle_lee!   8)
So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!