Ranger II - GunBroker

Started by RangerJim, December-08-17 19:12

Previous topic - Next topic

RangerJim

Yep.  And there are still two days left, so who knows where they'll end up ...  :o
So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

Bigbird48

yea they should not be allowed

Uncle_Lee

God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

redhawk4

Now at about $200 over retail, I wonder what's driving the price so high? Outside of the forum are there really that many who have to get one now? do people think these won't become production items like the original? or are they confusing these with the original Ranger?. Close to $700 is a lot for a Ranger II IMO, there are a lot of other guns I'd buy before I'd spend that much on one.
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

MR_22

Quote from: redhawk4 on December-14-17 08:12
Now at about $200 over retail, I wonder what's driving the price so high?

Low supply, high demand. I don't think it's more complicated than that.

RangerJim

Quote from: MR_22 on December-14-17 09:12

Yeah, to be totally honest with you all ... I actually considered bidding on these for about a minute.  But with two EBs on order, it didn't really make sense.  And then the price continued to climb ... and it really didn't make sense.  :o

So, instead, I decided to scratch my itch with another Black Widow (conversion with fixed sights) and another Pug (the Talo laser ported conversion model).  And I'm definitely happy about that decision!

As many of you know, I'm completely obsessed with the Ranger, and I'm happy to pay a "fair" price premium for the originals.  But I can definitely wait for my EBs, and then see what happens with RII prices over time.  :)

redhawk4

Quote from: MR_22 on December-14-17 09:12

In isolation I'm not sure where the high demand is coming from.

David Culp

Glad I've kept it in my pants (my money). Glad I've struggled to stay patient and not spend this extra money and without conversion cylinders.

MR_22

Quote from: redhawk4 on December-14-17 21:12
In isolation I'm not sure where the high demand is coming from.

Well, there are at least 125 board members who have ordered Ranger II's. It's actually higher than that, because not everybody ordered two of them. How many EB's went out, 51? That leaves a LOT of us members who ordered one who haven't gotten one. There is also quite a number of wanted one, but didn't get on the official list. There are also many others on other gun boards who are talking about them (I've seen them!) that never got a chance to order.

Plus, this is the SECOND run of Rangers, so there are people who may have been trying to get one for years. Suddenly they are available, but not very many.

Yeah, I think the demand out there is pretty good right now--and supply isn't.

redhawk4

Perhaps it's just me, but most people I know have never heard of NAA, even though it's just down the road, but I guess on a nationwide basis 51 Rangers won't go far. I still don't get paying over the odds for one though, but again there's no one I'm looking to impress, or that would be impressed if I rushed to show them my latest $700+ purchase. Much as I like the Rangers, I wouldn't pay that sort of money for one, purely because there are too many other revolvers I'd like more, if I'm spending that sort of money.

But each to their own, if it floats their boat then good for them, I probably have guns they'd scoff at, but for me there just isn't that sort of value/need/desire there. In 6 months you'll be able to get one for $400.

MR_22

I understand. I'm with you. I wouldn't overpay for a gun to get it sooner. I have, however, paid the "new" price of guns just introduced in order to get them first. I have done that on occasion, but I didn't pay much over what they were selling for months later. I wouldn't pay one or two hundred dollars extra.

Quite a number of my friends know about NAA's. Some of them even own them. They may not be a dominant branch, but they are in demand.

redhawk4

Quote from: MR_22 on December-15-17 10:12
I wouldn't overpay for a gun to get it sooner. I have, however, paid the "new" price of guns just introduced in order to get them first.

We'll all be doing that for our Ranger II's soon, hopefully :)

MtGoat

$706 and $680.

Someone did ok on their sale but I personally believe that the EB's should have gone for more.
That is a nice price for a BT early edition.
I am glad that isn't me paying the price though :)

Pat

RangerJim

Quote from: MtGoat on December-15-17 15:12
$706 and $680.

Someone did ok on their sale but I personally believe that the EB's should have gone for more.
That is a nice price for a BT early edition.
I am glad that isn't me paying the price though :)

Pat
Yep.  I meant to take a screen shot but my darn computer auto-refreshed the page, and I wasn't able to get it.  Not really outrageous prices, considering current delays--and the fact that they were EB serial #s.

MR_22

That's how much they went for? Yeah, I would have thought they would have gone higher, too. But it's a decent profit, even so.

Bigbird48

gessh maybe I'll put mine up and buy two regular production models with the profit ;D NOT!

David Culp

Still curious at the serial numbers but prolly won't ever know

MtGoat

heyjoe

im surprised that they didnt go for more
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

RangerJim

RangerJim

Quote from: MtGoat on December-15-17 18:12
Quote from: RangerJim on December-15-17 17:12
Quote from: MtGoat on December-15-17 17:12
2 and 3 :P

Pat
:o

Just Kidding ...well maybe  ;D

Pat
I know ...  It's highly unlikely ... but could you imagine?!!  Again ...  :o

MtGoat

What they have to be under something like 00035 don't they?

Pat

David Culp

I know the person on Facebook that got two and three. I didn't think he was selling them.

RangerJim

Quote from: MtGoat on December-15-17 18:12
What they have to be under something like 00035 don't they?

Pat
Yep.  They are probably pretty low.

RangerJim

Quote from: David Culp on December-15-17 18:12
I know the person on Facebook that got two and three. I didn't think he was selling them.
Well, at least that's something.  Thanks, David.

heyjoe

i think the price didnt rise as high as it could have because he was also selling two at once. I think if he would have sold one and then listed another he would have gotten higher prices for both

David Culp

Well I guess congrats are in order for the buyer or buyers.  Managed to get a ranger two before me

redhawk4

Quote from: David Culp on December-15-17 23:12
Well I guess congrats are in order for the buyer or buyers.  Managed to get a ranger two before me

That's the real kicker, for all of us who've been anticipating a Ranger for so long. As it appears no Rangers went out this week either, some of us could be in for quite a wait. I'm still interested given the production issues how they managed to make the first 36 EB models and presumably a similar number of BT models without hitting the same issues.

RangerJim

Quote from: redhawk4 on December-16-17 00:12
I'm still interested given the production issues how they managed to make the first 36 EB models and presumably a similar number of BT models without hitting the same issues.
... or maybe they did hit the same issues with those first batches, but didn't discover the problem(s) until after they shipped them out.  I guess only time--and Sandy--will tell ...

PaducahMichael

I'm thinking maybe the EDM machine got out of whack and they didn't notice until they tried to assemble the guns. And then "Oops!" this doesn't fit!
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

heyjoe

and more than a few of those people who got the early numbers have no intention of firing it, so they wont know if it works correctly or not.....quite the conundrum

Quote from: PaducahMichael on December-16-17 08:12
I'm thinking maybe the EDM machine got out of whack and they didn't notice until they tried to assemble the guns. And then "Oops!" this doesn't fit!

redhawk4

It's pure speculation, but there could always be a recall when the dust settles.

Bigbird48

I'm kinda wishin Sandy or Jessica will jump in someplace and give us an update. Sure would like to know everything is OK with the ones thats shipped already :-\

franco22

QuoteBut each to their own, if it floats their boat then good for them, I probably have guns they'd scoff at, but for me there just isn't that sort of value/need/desire there. In 6 months you'll be able to get one for $400.

I agree. I'm willing to wait till the prices stabilize. Unlike many on this forum, I shoot every gun I own. Missing out on the eb Rangers bothered me a little so I bought a couple of Sidewinders to sooth the pain.