Phoenix Gun Show - Showing off the NAA Holsters

Started by Rick_Jorgenson, December-09-17 08:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick_Jorgenson

Last weekend was the BIG 3 day gun show in Phoenix AZ. its combined with "SAR" (Small Arms Review) they have a whole building of old stuff, military gear, Gatling guns, Machine Guns, etc.

2200 tables sold out and they added another 80 around the place for additional vendors that showed up.

We do this show every year, the crowds are huge and we sell a lot off the table & take orders. Being local we get people coming in the shop for weeks afterwards that we met there and liked the holsters & belts.

There are 12 to 15 NAA Holsters displayed that generates a lot of interest because of their size. So I put a few on my belt to show them off.

You can always spot someone that does not handle guns much.  They will ask for a holster for their S&W J Frame and take a Pug Holster off the stand and try to jamb it in.  This adds excitement to the conversation.......

Customer....."I really like this one for my gun, its a pretty good fit"
Rick.....       "Sir,  that holster is not made for that gun"
Customer.... "I like the color, it's a pretty good fit, don't you think?"
Rick.....      " Sir,  that holster is not made for that gun, no, it does not fit at all. Try this one, it is made for your gun model"
Customer.... "I don't like the color of that one, I'll take this one"
Rick.....       "$%#t#!!  That will be $70.00 .  Here's a bag and a decal.  If you scratch it or stretch it I cannot exchange it"
Customer....."It fits fine"

The Gun Shows are always interesting.....
Rick Jorgenson

Warthog

You sell those holsters Rick, make them fly out the door. :)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Scout24

Couldn't make it from Pennsylvania, so I sent a FB  message...  :)

smokeless joe

The customer may not always be right but they are always a customer ;)

USMC_Dad

Haven't been to the Phoenix "Fun" Show in years. Would have if known you were going to be there.  ;)

So, a quick question ?

Do you have a pancake shoulder small of back holster to fit my NAA mini 44 mag semi auto lever action gun ????

Oh, and I want a trim of Shark elephant.  :)

Bigbird48

Hey I saw one of those on the shelf at his shop the other day :D, reasonable to $3687.26 ;D ;)

Quote from: USMC_Dad on December-09-17 10:12
Haven't been to the Phoenix "Fun" Show in years. Would have if known you were going to be there.  ;)

So, a quick question ?

Do you have a pancake shoulder small of back holster to fit my NAA mini 44 mag semi auto lever action gun ????

USMC_Dad

Quote from: Bigbird48 on December-10-17 07:12
Hey I saw one of those on the shelf at his shop the other day :D, reasonable to $3687.26 ;D ;)

So, a quick question ?

Well heck

I'll go this Wednesday to pick it up. :D

Seriously though, my plan is to stop by Rick's shop that afternoon.

Got the mini now & can't wait to get one of his holsters  8)

ETA: I meant Wednesday the 20th

Bigbird48

I would call first its Sunday and I know Rick had plans to go pick up his New Bug Out

USMC_Dad

Thanks Bigbird
I plan on contacting Rick first.

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: Warty62 on December-09-17 09:12
You sell those holsters Rick, make them fly out the door. :)
Thanks Warty!!
Quote from: Scout24 on December-09-17 09:12
Couldn't make it from Pennsylvania, so I sent a FB  message...  :)
I'll check FB.  I only go on there every couple weeks. Most of my efforts have been to to main sources of serious contact (not that yours is not) direct email to me. I answer each and it generates far greater returns/satisfied customers.  I will check it though.
Quote from: smokeless joe on December-09-17 10:12
The customer may not always be right but they are always a customer ;)
Your correct. I will always tell the truth and not take their money if they listen but, if they insist..... "I'm sure its a sin not to let a fool and their money part"

So, a quick question ?

That show has something for everyone!  The next one in Jan. is not quite as big but many of the same vendors are there.

I have the "convertible" with the 4 speed on the floor, automatic tranny, Super Sport model here in lime green Shark elephant,  and lucky you, it has the espresso machine option on it as well!!

Quote from: Bigbird48 on December-10-17 07:12

As you see,  BigBird48 is our TOP SALESMAN!   lol!!

Quote from: USMC_Dad on December-10-17 09:12

Well heck

I'll go this Wednesday to pick it up. :D

Seriously though, my plan is to stop by Rick's shop that afternoon.

Got the mini now & can't wait to get one of his holsters  8)

ETA: I meant Wednesday the 20th
No trouble about Wed 12-20. Email reply sent.

Quote from: Bigbird48 on December-10-17 09:12
I would call first its Sunday and I know Rick had plans to go pick up his New Bug Out

Could not wait!  Picked it up late Sat.!!  Also picked up my new Remington R-51 9mm. (impulse buy!)

My new Ranger should be there this week from Fuquay Guns SC. I just like saying it!!!

I need to go build holsters to pay for this madness!!!  Is the Ranger 2-1/2" or 4"  out yet ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ?    I have some room on a credit card!!

Quote from: Bigbird48 on December-10-17 09:12

Done & Done!  Getting phone orders for the Ranger today (Sunday)  Woo Hoo!!!

I may even make myself one (I usually don't have a holster for my own guns!)  I take the rejects I won't send to customers! lol!!
Rick Jorgenson

USMC_Dad

Thanks Rick

12/20/2017 is date afternoon. Just don't tell my wife.

Although you do leather work for her P938, my mini comes first. ;D