Rugers

Started by Warthog, December-16-17 12:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Warthog

The Blackhawks I have were also bought used.  The 357/9mm I bought from a guy before the Gander marketplace closed here in TH, I got him to sell it to me in and parking lot for less than he wanted to get from the store.  The other one is a 357 Mag only that I got from a buddy who needed money.  I gave him what he wanted but can't remember what that was now.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

pietro

Quote from: boone123 on January-18-18 11:01
Here if it works out, 357 Blackhawk. Walked into a gun show about 5 yr  ago. On the first table, 300 bucks. Bought it quick. Test fired it a bit, and put it away. Times up.

You might want to call Ruger Customer Service with that .357 BH's serial number, to find out if it was issued with the brass gripframe (some were issue, some factory brassies were ordered/installed after issue).

If it was so issued, the value would rise exponentially, and if it wasn't, and the brass gripframe is a gennie (Ruger), the value would still be much better than a plain BH.

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

boone123

I have 3 more brass grip frames, One on a 44 SBH, one on a Black powder , and one I put on a 44 SBH. that I think came off a black powder. Had soot inside.  Was a time you could buy them from Ruger.  Not sure but I think they were just over 20 bucks.
Remember years ago when people filled in the writing  on guns with gold paint? I was in a gun shop when the owner got a shipment  of  Rugers, and while  I watched  him open the boxes, out came a new Super Blackhawk, from Ruger, with gold lettering. I have one, but will never know if it's factory. Seeing is believing...
After I posted the picture  of the 357, I went out and ran 30 rounds of 38s through it. Made  my 22s feel like a cap gun.. 
Love the smell of BULLSEYE.

Warthog

PIX?

I have many Rugers of all types and I remember when you could buy a grip frame from them, I bought a nice Birds Head grips from for my 32 H&R magnum single action.(seen below)  It was great when those could be purchased but the BATFE has decided it is a gun, even without serial numbers. >:(
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

boone123

Here is a couple of rare Mark 1 Rugers. What were , or became target models. One with a factory muzzle brake, and one with a 5 1/2 in barrel.
Have more with muzzle brakes, and one muzzle brake not on a gun.  Back in the day you could order a muzzle brake with the gun, but came in a package with the gun. Not factory installed on the gun, because  with the brake on it would not fit in the box, so i am told..

boone123

Took the gun with the muzzle brake out today and ran a couple of hundred rounds through it. ACCURATE.  Think life in the fast lane...
Empty the gun at a cow pie at about 50 yards keeping chit in the air till ammo is gone. Life is great. Never gonna grow up...
Cow pie is frozen, so kind of chunky..
They say your mind is the second thing to go. Hope my trigger finger holds out to go last.

WECSOG

1966 Ruger Standard.
Black Widow convertible
Magnum 1-5/8"
Super Companion 1-5/8"
LR 1-1/8"

Warthog

Nice pistols guys, they are good ones.  The 22 plinker has always been a favorite of mine. 8)
-Albert Einstein

WECSOG

Quote from: Warty62 on January-22-18 21:01
Nice pistols guys, they are good ones.  The 22 plinker has always been a favorite of mine. 8)
Mine too. I also have a stainless Mk II, but I actually prefer the 1st generation guns. I think I'm in the minority on that.
Black Widow convertible
Magnum 1-5/8"
Super Companion 1-5/8"
LR 1-1/8"