Rugers

Started by Warthog, December-16-17 12:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Warthog

click on the picture if you want to see it larger

The above are all of my Ruger pistols, most are P Series but a few are more Modern.  The P Series was one of my favorites, I thought they would be around for a very long time.  But Ruger decided to try something else.  The SR Series and the smaller Pocket Guns as well as the different types of Revolvers they have these days.  I put the LCR 9mm in this because it fires a pistol cartridge rather than one designed for a revolver.  I have a Vaquero 9mm/357mag to get out of lay away soon and I have a Blackhawk (new) that is also a 9mm/357mag but I forgot to put it in the picture. ???

I know there are a few Ruger lovers here so if you are willing, show them here.  Please leave it to Rugers, there are plenty of threads for other makers or you can start one.  I have other makers guns too.  But I have been a big fan of the Ruger brand.  They are built to last, well made and made in the USA, they have great Customer Service, though I haven't needed it very much and they are a great value.  I feel other brands think you need to pay for the name, not just for the firearm.  My opinion, but it has always felt right to me to buy Ruger because I have not had a lot of extra money and they were great guns and cost less.

The Ruger American Compact was a gift or I probably wouldn't have it.  They are decent guns but I haven't really felt they were worth buying.  The one I have shoots well and all but it isn't a great gun, IMO.  It has been a big success for ruger though it didn't win the government contract to become the new pistol of the Military.  I guess I might be happier with it had it been the full size since it isn't a gun I really want to carry.  The full size would have been a better gun for the range IMO.  I have fired the full size and I can say I liked it better.

Anyway, I wanted to show them off, I love the P Series pistols though I never got a 40 cal, I do have a couple 45 acp's and the 9mms.  The very first pistol I bought that was consider by the press to be one of the Wonder 9mms (having a magazine that holds as many rounds as many rifles, 18 or more rounds)(that was what they called them back in the 80's) was a P decocker but I sold it during the assault weapon Clinton Ban for a ton more than I paid for it.  The ones I have now I really won't sell unless I have already gotten rid of the other guns.  The P89 I have above had been a gun used in another country for their police force.  So it and my Ruger Service Six, which was also used out of the country by the police, are the only two Rugers I own with import marks on them.  Back when I was worried about survival I put my P89 along with a rifle as my Bug Out weapons.  Now though, I trust God will take care of me and I no longer worry about such things. :)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

RangerJim

Love your collection, Warty--and I love Rugers, too!  It's late now, but I'll try to post some pics of my meager Ruger collection over the next couple of days ...   :D
So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

kc

Texduk3

like em also
have a LC9S Pro in 9mm
have it for about a year,   eats 124gr !
"God and Guns"
"Lets Go Brandon"

Warthog

I have a lot of Rugers, I didn't show all of them in this picture.  It is raining today so no pix.  Show yours when you are willing and don't worry how many there are, I love them all.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

RogueTS1

I only have two Rugers.  :-[  Love them both though.  ;D

Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Warthog

Yeah, I would love a suppressor but right now I really don't feel much like filling out all the forms and I really don't have an extra $200 for the stamp.

Nice Stuff though Rogue.  Maybe Ranger Jim will get a chance to show his... ;)
-Albert Einstein

RogueTS1

Quote from: Warty62 on December-17-17 19:12
Yeah, I would love a suppressor but right now I really don't feel much like filling out all the forms and I really don't have an extra $200 for the stamp.

In that case Warty; here you go:  ;D

Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

RangerJim

Hah!  I told you it would take a few days, Warty ...   ;D
So here's what I have.  Again, it's not a huge collection, but I love every one of them!   :D

Warthog

Could you tell us what they are Ranger Jim?  Good looking group.

Thanks Rouge, maybe one day when I am rich I will have the $200 for the stupid stamp.  OR MAYBE,the legislature will pass the Hearing Protection Act, since no where other than the USA are they regulated, in fact they are encouraged. ::)
-Albert Einstein

RangerJim

Quote from: Warty62 on December-18-17 16:12
Could you tell us what they are Ranger Jim?  Good looking group.
Thanks, Warty. 
On the left is a Mark IV 22LR; on the right is a pair of LCRs--9MM and 327 Federal; down the middle is a Blackhawk (45LC/45ACP), a GP100 (357/38), and two SP101s--327 Federal and 9MM.

Warthog

Cool, Thanks Jim!
-Albert Einstein

WECSOG

Quote from: RangerJim on December-18-17 12:12

Hah!  I told you it would take a few days, Warty ...   ;D
So here's what I have.  Again, it's not a huge collection, but I love every one of them!   :D

Nice Bisley! And the others, too. I'm a Ruger fan as well, and have been for most of my life. Not just because they have generally been more affordable than some other brands, but because they trounce most other brands in strength and durability.
Black Widow convertible
Magnum 1-5/8"
Super Companion 1-5/8"
LR 1-1/8"

Warthog

Ruger Vaquero 357mag/9mm

I will soon have some Ivory Composite grips with Ruger Medallion to put on this one. 8)
-Albert Einstein

zburkett

Really?

Warthog

Nice!  I really like all the Ruger Single Actions.
-Albert Einstein

zburkett

I could never get comfortable with double action .44 Mags, but the Super Blackhawk was not that uncomfortable to shoot before I tore my shoulder up.

WECSOG

Black Widow convertible
Magnum 1-5/8"
Super Companion 1-5/8"
LR 1-1/8"

Floridave

Not all my Rugers, but a few of them.

Warthog

Nice Dave, I have a bunch of Rugers too.
-Albert Einstein

scbuxton

Warty, how do you like the 9mm/357 Blackhawk?  I really like the idea of being able to shoot either or, but I hear mixed reviews on accuracy. What is your experience with the pistol? Thanks

Warthog

Well, the Blackhawk has a bit wider bore because the 9mm bullet is slightly larger diameter than the 38/357 bullet.  So the bullets don't engage the rifling well for the 38/357 and so accuracy is not the best it can be.  I haven't had a chance to try the Vaquero I have in 357/9mm yet but I will guess it will have the same sort of problem.
-Albert Einstein

bleak_window

PLEASE READ THE OWNERS MANUAL

Warthog

I have, thanks.
-Albert Einstein

pietro

My 1960 RSSM .22 Magnum-only Single Six

My 1969 Bearcat

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

Ruger

Bought this new in 1973 . . Ruger Standard . . .still in wonderful condition . .

Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

RangerJim

That is absolutely gorgeous, Ruger!  It looks pristine, and I'm sure you've kept everything that came with it.  Really nice.

RangerJim

Pietro ...  Yours look brand new, too!  Incredible!   :)

pietro

Thanks, Jim - I try to keep all my guns as pristine as I got them.

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

RangerJim

Quote from: pietro on January-12-18 20:01
Thanks, Jim - I try to keep all my guns as pristine as I got them.

As do I, Pietro.  But, those beautiful pieces are almost 60 years old!  Heck, my parents weren't even married at that time!   :o   
Well done, sir ...  Future generations will thank you!   :D

Ruger

I describe myself as a shooter, not a hunter, when people find out I have a firearm or two, but even t that, I think I probably should start referring to myself as a collect, not in the terms of any great collection, but I love to keep everything that comes with a new firearm, including the box and packing, and seek out associated stuff for older firearms I acquire.  I have as much fun cleaning them as shooting them.  I recently inherited an Erma LA22 that was broken, according to the previous owner.  I have spent a number of hours at the bench stripping it, cleaning it, and trying to figure out why it wouldn't work.  Finally found it today.  Makes me giddy on such a snowy day.
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

rogertc1

Couple of my Rugers and my Simply Rugged concealed carry pancake holster.

Warthog

Nice stuff Roger.  They look like a pair of fine firearms.
-Albert Einstein

boone123

Here if it works out, 357 Blackhawk. Walked into a gun show about 5 yr  ago. On the first table, 300 bucks. Bought it quick. Test fired it a bit, and put it away. Times up.

boone123

I have a couple of stainless steel 357 Blackhawks , early made before they stamped the warning on the barrel. Pretty rare, and were pretty much sought after. Don't know if that still holds true, or not. Shot one some, the other test fired..Boxes and paper work. An anti-gunner wouls say, I have to much clutter.
Clutter is nothing more than postponed decisions....