Is the market really that bad?

Started by louiethelump, April-05-12 10:04

Previous topic - Next topic

louiethelump

A NAA Guardian in 32NAA just sold on GunBroker for $199.  It was not in bad shape and came with two magazines.  Is the market for these really that bad?  There is another one even a bit cleaner for $229 and no bids.

Are these bad guns, or is it ammo availability that kills them?
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

heyjoe

for me and for others i have read comments from on various gun forums it was ammo availability. i cant even get NAA to ship it to me even though where i live it is entirely legal.

maybe now that diamondback has come out with a 32NAA the supply hopefully might improve. with the certain to come ammo buying frenzy which i have heard has already commenced in some places, i doubt it.
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

cedarview kid

Wow. I didn't see that one. I have a Guardian .32NAA already, so I'm not sure that I would have been interested, but I did not have one, I would probably have jumped on that.

I haven't tried to buy ammo yet, tho, as I got a few boxes from the previous owner when I got mine.

Uncle_Lee

PRICE of the ammo!!!!!!!

The 32NAA and 25NAA both are high.

If you buy one of them to carry, you aren't going to practice much. Unless you are rich.

I have a 32NAA and a 25NAA and I bought 500 rounds of each to go with the pistols and the ammo cost as much as the Guardians.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

louiethelump

The one with two magazines and the DeSantis carry pouch that was listed for $229 did not sell and is now re-listed for $219, and it is in better shape than the other one.  UNDER $250 DELIVERED if it goes un-bid on again.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=281152958">http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=281152958
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

cedarview kid

Uncle_Lee

It will cost you nearly $1.00 a shot to shoot it.

Just saying....
God, Country, & Flag

louiethelump

50 round boxes at Midway for $33 plus shipping, so you are real close on that.

I presume that the NAA claim that they sell the ammo for $16 a box is not true?
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

Uncle_Lee

This was last May:

"Lee-

We have received some of the 32NAA ammo, however we only have the 60 gr available, and they came in 50 round boxes and will retail for $40.  Please let me know if you would like to place an order."

So I ordered some.

These are 60 grain JHP

The ones at Midway are 71 grain FMJ
God, Country, & Flag

mndoug

32NAA JHP ammo is not range ammo... and it looks like you can buy a 20-round box for $20 directly from COR-BON.  So it's in the ballpark of any Personal Protection Ammo out there.  

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/2COR32NAA60-1.html">Cheaper Than Dirt even lists it at $17 for 20 rounds!  (Neither seller has them listed as "out of stock," but who knows.)

I have a 32NAA Guardian, and my biggest beef with the gun is the weight... but then, that's my beef with every gun in the Guardian line.  They're relatively small, but they sure aren't pocket guns (unless you're wearing a belt AND suspenders.)

Oh, and I paid MORE than $200 for it!  

chopprs

Yeah, I have found that like in the last year or so it is getting harder and harder to find range ammo, i.e. something that is good and won't jam and will fire every time but cost friendly.

Cheaper Than Dirt always has tons of out of stock stuff. When it comes in stock it is gone quickly, especially .22, 9mm and .45.

I am surprised that they have it...