Holster grip use

Started by RevCov, December-27-17 11:12

Previous topic - Next topic

RevCov

I'm looking at a new mini with the holste grip and my purpose would be carry for defense. My question is how realistic is it that I could open it to firing position in a hurry?

Bj

I have had a holster grip for a short time compared to others here and it seems to me a little flip of the wrist while taking out of pocket will put it in place.  Little stubs need to be pressed to close it, but not to open it.

zburkett

With practice you can draw and get the holster gripped NAA into action faster than most guns you carry day to day.  Once it loosens up pull it from where ever it is clipped and flick it.  Because of the way the safety notches work this is safer than unsnapping a holster and then getting it into action or pulling it from deep in your pocket.  If you carry your pistol in a tied down quick draw rig you don't need the holster grip anyway, go with the oversized wood grip. (BTW I've carried a mini with a holster grip several years now and have faced numerous critters in my barn or garden.)

Floridave

The nice thing is that for roughly $30 a pop you can easily try different options to see what works best for you.