Newer Guardian Review from 11/17

Started by [email protected], January-11-18 13:01

Previous topic - Next topic

[email protected]

Just thought I'd share in case anyone was interested.
It's a positive, thorough and well written review.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/11/chris-heuss/naa-guardian-380-gun-review/#comments

redhawk4

Nice to see a review of such a long standing product and nice to see they still found it relevant with today's glut of pocket semi autos.  I found the obscure mention of a Ruger LCP amusing, that's how I first came to NAA years ago after buying the recently launched LCP which I just plain didn't like in terms of perceived quality and then turned out to have numerous problems which forced it's return to Ruger for repair. While it was gone I looked into pistols made from that old fashioned stuff called metal and discovered the Guardian 380. Found one through the small ads and have never looked back, I sold the LCP on its return from Ruger. The positive comments make me feel like I'm not so behind the times after all.
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

Paneraiguy

Quote from: redhawk4 on January-11-18 13:01
Nice to see a review of such a long standing product and nice to see they still found it relevant with today's glut of pocket semi autos.  I found the obscure mention of a Ruger LCP amusing, that's how I first came to NAA years ago after buying the recently launched LCP which I just plain didn't like in terms of perceived quality and then turned out to have numerous problems which forced it's return to Ruger for repair. While it was gone I looked into pistols made from that old fashioned stuff called metal and discovered the Guardian 380. Found one through the small ads and have never looked back, I sold the LCP on its return from Ruger. The positive comments make me feel like I'm not so behind the times after all.
I love my gen 2 LCP it fires everything I've fed it and is a pleasure to carry. I do own the Guardian .32 and love it equally, however I've never fired the .380 version but I'm sure its a fine piece.

[email protected]

I really do enjoy my .380, it has been a fine pistol. Along with my '69 Smith Model 10, it will be kept and used for my lifetime.

redhawk4

Quote from: Paneraiguy on January-12-18 08:01
Quote from: redhawk4 on January-11-18 13:01
I love my gen 2 LCP it fires everything I've fed it and is a pleasure to carry. I do own the Guardian .32 and love it equally, however I've never fired the .380 version but I'm sure its a fine piece.

Mine was one of the first built, so I don't claim my experience to be typical of later production, although it was very common for the early ones to have issues. Mine wouldn't fire reliably because the firing pin struck out of line and wouldn't feed ammo. I sent it back and they had to fit a new slide, barrel and all sorts. It worked when I got it back, I think my underlying issue beyond the initial failure to work was that the gun just wasn't a "real Ruger" in terms of it's construction, strength and perceived quality of many interior components. You couldn't shoot hot ammo in the thin barrels either. If you are used to the more traditional Ruger revolvers and so on then the Guardian has a lot more in common with those products than the LCP did. Ultimately for me I'd replaced it with a Guardian 380 while it was away for repair, my main practical dislike with the LCP was it just didn't fit my hand somehow and was extremely painful to shoot, it wood create a burning sensation in the web between thumb and forefinger for some reason.
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card