Sidewinders!

Started by Dinadan, January-25-18 17:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinadan

Hey, this thread is just an excuse for me, and anyone else who likes, to post some photos and comments about the Sidewinder. I got a Sidewinder in the original earlybird program and it quickly became my favorite NAA. Last year I finally got a 2.5" Sidewinder and it has now become my favorite and my regular carry gun. I have been carrying with the standard grips, but I just got a set of boot grips which I am going to try out for a while. My leather is not the greatest, so if you have some nice leather for the Sidewinder, a photo and the maker would be appreciated!

45flint

That longer barrel is just perfect on the sidewinder.  My EB is in my pocket on a daily basis. Have to agree, best Naa offers. 

seaotter

That 2 1/2 inch Sidewinder looks really nice with boot grips!

franco22

I have both the original and the 2.5" Sidewinders. I haven't carried the 2.5" yet but carry the other around the house and as a bug. I've only shot the 2.5" once. I can see carrying both of them at the same time.

Warthog

Well, I only have th short barrel but the longer one look great.  Leather for my shorter barrel was from Rick Jorgenson.  It is a pocket holster but it also was my first holster from them maker.  Now that I am more familiar with what he can do...
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Uncle_Lee

Oh yes, pictures.
Thank you Dinadan.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Lemon

I wanted to show off Mr. Pugsley since we have a Sidewinder thread. As you can see in the picture he is a big boy now, at just over a year old, and can stand up on his own.  :)

grizzly

I got a 2.5" Sidewinder a week ago and put the silver and black grips on it. I have a black crossdraw holster on order from Rick. I haven't shot it yet but I'm hoping to change that today.

Canoeal

Don't forget to come back with a report...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

grizzly

I finally shot my Sidewinder today. I only shot ten rounds, 5 Hornady V-Max and 5 Speer Gold Dots. It shot well and ejected the cases well. It shot just a little bit high at 10 yards but was very easy to get hits with and still grouped pretty well for me. I like it a lot.

Dinadan

I like that holster, Warty. The short barrel Sidewinder looks good with the boot grips!

Nice photography, Lemon.

Grizzzly - those silver and black grips do look good. I agree that we need a range report after you shoot it.

Uncle_Lee

Hey Folks,
Thanks for the pictures.
Looking good..
God, Country, & Flag

Rick_Jorgenson

Did someone ask for pictures of Leather Holsters¯\_(ツ)_/¯   :o

I know we all love photos especially Uncle_Lee!!!  Here you go Unc!

I don't have any photos of a "Small-of-Back" for the Sidewinder but that is available as well.  I think it works best with the 4" but have made them for the 2.5" too.

The Pocket Holster is the favorite for the 1-5/8"Bbl  but I have seen an increase in sales for the 2.5"

Pancake & Cross Draw are pretty even as far as popularity.

Inside-the-Waistband (IWB) There have been more requests for this style carry. (Photo is of a Left Hand IWB)
Rick Jorgenson

Dinadan

Rick - those are some good looking holsters! I especially like that first one.

Here is what I figure a gentleman needs to drop into his vest on an outing.

grizzly

Rick, you're killing me with all these pictures. I can't wait to get mine!

kc

Nice photos, Dinadan.
I'm likin' the 2.5" Sidewinder more & more, especially with the engraved boot grips.

RogueTS1

Those are very smart looking Dinadan.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

PaducahMichael

Great photo of some pretty special items, Dinadan - good going!
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

motter

I might have to get a pair of those boot grips, looking nice!

Uncle_Lee

Oh yes, yes, pictures.

More holster pictures for my "Rick's Holsters" file.
God, Country, & Flag

redhawk4

The 2 1/2" barrel sidewinder is a lot prettier than the shorter barrel, it takes the eye off the "chunky" part at the front of the cylinder. I'd also imagine it's easier to shoot accurately and also has some useful additional MV from the extra barrel length.
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

Dinadan

Quote from: redhawk4 on January-30-18 09:01
The 2 1/2" barrel sidewinder is a lot prettier than the shorter barrel, it takes the eye off the "chunky" part at the front of the cylinder. I'd also imagine it's easier to shoot accurately and also has some useful additional MV from the extra barrel length.
I agree that the 2.5" looks better than the short barrel version. It is just more balanced looking. Of course, that goes for all the 2" to 3" Minis, in my opinion.

I took my kayak out shooting yesterday with my 2.5" Sidewinder and my 3" Earl. Twenty rounds through each, all CCI CB shorts. I intended to shoot some LR but I discovered that I had neglected to put any ear plugs in my dry box, so I stuck to shorts. A very nice day to be out. Just me in the woods - I kind of treasure days like that. Here are a few photos - I find it very odd how a grey beaded old man seems to have replaced the brown bearded me. No one is going to mistake me for Dionysus these days!

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: Dinadan on January-27-18 12:01
Rick - those are some good looking holsters! I especially like that first one.

Here is what I figure a gentleman needs to drop into his vest on an outing.

What... No Flask! lol!

Thank you for the compliment.  That is a good gentleman's EDC
Quote from: uncle_lee on January-30-18 04:01
Oh yes, yes, pictures.

More holster pictures for my "Rick's Holsters" file.

I tour the Forum looking for good reasons to post photos for you Uncle_Lee!

Quote from: grizzly on January-27-18 14:01
Rick, you're killing me with all these pictures. I can't wait to get mine!

I'm working down the list.  It should be coming up!  :)
Rick Jorgenson