Need a good holster

Started by charlie817, January-27-18 06:01

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie817

I just recently bought a pug and looking for a good pocket holster any suggestions on  any manufacturers would be greatly appreciated

Uncle Fatso

This guy:

https://www.desertgunleather.com/

Forum member, does beautiful work.

smokeless joe

Rick_Jorgenson

The PUG is one of those things that I can't  seem to leave the house without! lol!!

It's a favorite for me as well as other members.  Pocket carry is probably the most popular option for this pistol.

There are a few pocket configurations available to this style holster...

Gun Only

* - Regular Pocket Holster - The Holster supports your gun in the upright position so when you reach in the Grip is right there.  No extra shells, snaps, etc. Pretty plain but does what it is supposed to do.
* - Pocket "Slip". - The "Slip" is a Leather cover to protect the gun and is the shape of the gun without the extra leather to hold it upright.

Gun and Extra Rounds

This is similar to the "Gun Only" but there is a small Pouch with a Snap Cover the carry 5 extra rounds.  It's designed to have the snap to the outside, away from your leg (I don't know why I decided that was best, it just worked best for me!) so I ask if your Right or Left hand shooter when I make them.

Gun & Extra Cylinder

If you have the "Convertible" Model that gives you both Cylinders (Long Rifle & Magnum) you can carry the spare Cylinder in the Pocket Holster. It has a Snap Flap that holds it in. I had never made one like this before.  Members here asked if I could do them so it was with their encouragement I started making these.  I believe it was another maker (Madhatter Leather) that first did them.  So credit for the original goes to him & Forum Members :)

Gun & DS-10 Speed Loader

This was another idea from Forum Members.  They asked if I could incorporate the DS-10 Speed Loader in the Pocket Holster.  If you have not seen the Speed Loader & Range Shell Box from David at DS-10Speed you need to take a look!  Great product!!   

Many Members here have personalized their holsters with Initials, a little edge boarder tooling, or a simple change of color of Thread. 

If you have any questions feel free to PM, email, or call.  On the Profile Photo is email, website & PM access. 

Not every option is shown on the website I try to keep that pretty simple for quick ordering for the public, the customization is more personal and I offer it to forum members.

Thanks for looking!  Rick J.

Current estimated lead times are 2-3 weeks from time of order.
Rick Jorgenson

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: Uncle Fatso on January-27-18 06:01
This guy:

https://www.desertgunleather.com/

Forum member, does beautiful work.
Thank You Uncle Fatso!

Quote from: smokeless joe on January-27-18 06:01
Here's the one Rick made for me. Hope this link works.
http://naaminis.com/smf/index.php?topic=14074.msg133702#msg133702

Thank you for the support Smokeless!  You are one of my best "Leather Cheerleaders" (lol!!)
(That sounds so wrong when said out loud! I'm going to leave it in) lol!!
Rick Jorgenson

top dog

Charlie,
As you see ,there are a lot of excellent holsters out there.  I have had a lot of luck with Mikas Pocket Holsters.  He is LAPD   SWAT retired.

I have one of his early holsters,that was made during his "garage days" when he was in LA.  Still in use to this day.

Top Dog

antares_b

Recycled Firefighter makes a wallet called "The Fire Hose Sergeant." Someone on this forum recommended it as a holster for the Pug a few years ago, and that's what I've mostly used ever since. The fire hose material molds itself to the gun. As a pocket holster, it's small, flat, and minimal, and it just covers the hammer and trigger (assuming the design hasn't changed).

smokeless joe

Quote from: Rick_Jorgenson on January-27-18 06:01
Thank you for the support Smokeless!  You are one of my best "Leather Cheerleaders" (lol!!)
(That sounds so wrong when said out loud! I'm going to leave it in) lol!!
😄 yes that does sound a bit strange but it's all good buddy 😉

Quote from: antares_b on January-27-18 09:01
Recycled Firefighter makes a wallet called "The Fire Hose Sergeant." Someone on this forum recommended it as a holster for the Pug a few years ago, and that's what I've mostly used ever since. The fire hose material molds itself to the gun. As a pocket holster, it's small, flat, and minimal, and it just covers the hammer and trigger (assuming the design hasn't changed).
antares_b I'd like to see that with your Pug. Could you throw up a pic?

antares_b

Tried to post a picture from my phone, but it was rejected for file size. Will try again from the computer.

smokeless joe

Quote from: antares_b on January-28-18 12:01
Tried to post a picture from my phone, but it was rejected for file size. Will try again from the computer.
That happens to me all the time too. I end up cropping it and sending it to myself on fb messenger then I save that pic back to my phone and it usually uploads at that point. I guess messenger compresses it enough so the file is small enough to upload to the forum.

Bigbird48

What can I say Desert Gun Leather are the best I've seen. Each one hand made  and wet molded  to fit the particular gun you want it for. :D

antares_b

Thanks for the tip, Joe. Oddly, I was able to post the picture from my computer without making adjustments (though I couldn't control the rotation).

A custom leather holster is a great way to go if you want to feel classy. The repurposed wallet is...well, functional. I did cut the tag off.

smokeless joe

Quote from: antares_b on January-29-18 11:01
Thanks for the tip, Joe. Oddly, I was able to post the picture from my computer without making adjustments (though I couldn't control the rotation).

A custom leather holster is a great way to go if you want to feel classy. The repurposed wallet is...well, functional. I did cut the tag off.
That worked out well. Does it snag when you pull it from the wallet or does it come out smoothly. I've been eyeing those on amazon as I'm trying to downsize my wallet.

antares_b

I get a smooth draw every time, because the material is semi-rigid.

smokeless joe

Quote from: antares_b on January-29-18 12:01
I get a smooth draw every time, because the material is semi-rigid.
Cool. I ordered one today. It'll probably be a wallet tho but you never know.

Bigbird48

Doesn't look very durable for a gun holster. A wallet yes holster, hmm I don't know :-\

smokeless joe

Quote from: Bigbird48 on January-29-18 15:01
Doesn't look very durable for a gun holster. A wallet yes holster, hmm I don't know :-\
Well it is made from recycled firehose. That stuff takes a beating.

Kimber1911

Hay guys, Tom Anderson makes very nice holster too. He made my holster for my Wasp. It fits great & looks even better. The price was right too. No pun intended.  Check him out @ [email protected].    TTFN      R     

smokeless joe

I flipped it for you antares_b my neck was starting to hurt 😄

smokeless joe

To charlie the op here is another one of my carry option for my Pug. It's a ragsdale holster. Depending on what you are wearing you can switch it up a bit as one may work better than another in your situation. I'm am super happy with it and the one I received from Rick.