Waiting ? On leather can be as bad as waiting on ranger

Started by tocsn40, February-19-18 21:02

Previous topic - Next topic

tocsn40

From the day i got my a
rangerII i have been waiting on.my leather. Its coming ive been told. Thanks Rick will try and post photos when it gets here 
Tocsn40

Uncle_Lee

God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Bigbird48

Yea I'm sure waiting is hard, but walking into Desert Gun Leather and seeing all the plastic tubs full of holsters in their various stages of assembly, puts it in perspective of how much work Rick and John have going on at any one time, and trying to get it all done in a timely manner.  I guess many people don't really know how much goes into building a quality holster it quite a process. :)

tocsn40

Yay when i talked with him i said that i to can make holsters but only have a awl to sew with lol. Mine are not as refined as his. I love great holster i still cary my mad hatter from the day. Its a great one for sure.
Tocsn40

Adk.IBO

Yup, waiting for my Talo Pug pocket holster from Rick... Fortunately I have the one that came with it to use for now... Needs to be cradled in something nicer, in my opinion. Can't wait (but have to). ;)
Luke 23:34

grayelky

I'm waiting on Rick, too. I'm only getting a belt, 2 holsters and 2 mag pouches. I have learned the trick to getting it tomorrow: Order it 6 weeks ago! I also have a customer waiting on a belt and holster. Can't understand why Rick is so far behind......:)
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

Canoeal

Yep you want good stuff, you do find that others do too, and it is worth the wait.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: uncle_lee on February-20-18 04:02
I'll get leather when the rush is over.

You do know if you need something Uncle_Lee your order  "jumps over all other orders"  lol!!  ;) (no pressure, no one will get their holster any later because of your order)

You get the VIP treatment with us at Desert Gun Leather  ;)

You were the "First one to order from the Forum, First to post a review!"  Your the King in our shop!

Here are some photos of some test holsters.  Just a couple ideas I've been thinking of... (I know you love the PHOTOS!).

I'll also post them in their own thread.  Some opinions will help refine them.   ???
Rick Jorgenson

Uncle_Lee

God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

grayelky

I prefer the one with the orange grip: It seems to be thinner and smaller.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

MtGoat

Those look nice for protecting the gun but I like your formed pocket holsters for daily carry.

Pat

Scout24

Not for a Ranger, but waiting on two myself!   ;D    8)

Adk.IBO

Quote from: grayelky on February-20-18 11:02
I'm waiting on Rick, too. I'm only getting a belt, 2 holsters and 2 mag pouches. I have learned the trick to getting it tomorrow: Order it 6 weeks ago! I also have a customer waiting on a belt and holster. Can't understand why Rick is so far behind......:)

I sure hope my holster doesn't take 6 weeks....It might be different if that was what to expect from the beginning.
Luke 23:34

tocsn40

Well I'm on the down Bill side as mine shod have shipped. But the way the mail runs around me it may have been shipped to Portland OR. To be sorted then back to Pendleton OR. So add a day. My house is no more than 150yards from freeway that it no caught drove by on its way lol
Tocsn40

Bigbird48

Don't quote me on this but I think Ricks lead time is in the vicinity of 4 to 6 weeks pending on which holsters your getting. But he did tell me he was starting to catch up so may be shorter now.Don't for get that old saying.
Good,fast and Cheap you can pick 2. Good+Cheap=NOT Fast,Good+Fast=NOT Cheap,Cheap+Fast=NOT Good ;D ;D

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: uncle_lee on February-21-18 04:02
Thank You Sir,
And thanks for more pictures.

Your welcome Uncle_Lee.  :)

Quote from: grayelky on February-21-18 10:02
I prefer the one with the orange grip: It seems to be thinner and smaller.

Noted grayelky.  I have to agree  :)

Quote from: MtGoat on February-21-18 18:02
Those look nice for protecting the gun but I like your formed pocket holsters for daily carry.

Pat

These aren't for everyone,  I have had some requests for them so I sewed a couple together as a trial run.  Thanks for looking Pat  :)

Quote from: tocsn40 on February-22-18 20:02
Well I'm on the down Bill side as mine shod have shipped. But the way the mail runs around me it may have been shipped to Portland OR. To be sorted then back to Pendleton OR. So add a day. My house is no more than 150yards from freeway that it no caught drove by on its way lol

I could look up your order to see the status if I knew what name it is under.  I have sent a message to you days ago to find out with no reply.

Quote from: Adk.IBO on February-22-18 16:02
Quote from: grayelky on February-20-18 11:02

I sure hope my holster doesn't take 6 weeks....It might be different if that was what to expect from the beginning.

Message sent

Quote from: Scout24 on February-21-18 19:02
Not for a Ranger, but waiting on two myself!   ;D    8)

Call me or send a message so I can look up your order.  Monday would be best I'm at a Gun Show Sat & Sun. I'll be glad to look up anyones order to see what stage of the process it is in.

Rick Jorgenson