Hogleg

Started by seaotter, February-25-18 09:02

Previous topic - Next topic

seaotter

It's pretty far down my wish list, but I am curious about the Hogleg. I checked on the Ballistics by the Inch website, and wmr out of a 6 inch barrel produces 38 special type energy. I realize that energy not the only factor in regard to effectiveness, but it's still impressive. I was unable to find any reviews on it on you tube, or anywhere else, for that matter. Has anyone here had any experience with it?

Corrected from Buntline to hogleg

Uncle Fatso

I bought a new Earl 4" because of the improved energy from the longer barrel.  By the way, IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY.  ;)

Mr.Mini

I'm definitely curious about this too. On my list of minis to get, it's number 2 right now. I want a BW next. I'm thinking about the 4 inch earl, but I figured I might as well hold out for the hogleg. I'd really like some perspective from the members that own a hogleg.

grayelky

Can't help with the Hogleg, but, for what little it may be worth, the 3" Earl is my favorite plinking mini. So far.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

evilFoxy8

Did you buy the hogleg yet? Im new here, saw your post, decided to check in. My hogleg is awesome, accurate from waaay far, magnums are deafening  and powerful, long rifles are cheap, looks like a real western gun, what not to like? Faster to reload than my sidewinder for sure! When off duty its showing off on the wall in a fancy western holster. I will attach pics once I figure out how....

seaotter

No,I decided I needed a Midland backpacker shotgun more. Too many wants, never enough money for them all! That's ok. Anticipation makes the eventual acquisition sweeter! Actually, I will probably get a mini master first.

Warthog

Hoglegs are nice, here is mine. 8)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Canoeal

I can't help but thinking the Hogleg would just look better with a fluted cylinder. I don't own an NAA with one but to me it just seems right.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Bigbird48

Yes a fluted cylinder  :D
Quote from: Canoeal on July-08-18 20:07
I can't help but thinking the Hogleg would just look better with a fluted cylinder. I don't own an NAA with one but to me it just seems right.

Gog

Dang Warty. Beautiful piece! Cool grips too!

cfsharry

Nice looking piece Warty. Put me in the fluted cylinder camp. Would think one could be swapped out and timed by NAA.

Mr.Mini

The hogleg is currently 3rd on my list right now. Soon! Very soon!

Warthog

Thanks folks, Fluted Cylinder for me too. 8)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

PaducahMichael

I just think fluted cylinders look better on almost any revolver, but especially on those with a Western flavor - like the Sheriff and the Earl family.
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

mrmurl

Although I do think that the fluted cylinder would look better on the Hogleg, I am of a different notion for a lot of revolvers.  I like the unfluted on some and the fluted on others.  Like the Ruger Super Blackhawk looks great with unfluted, but the 357 Blackhawk I think would look wrong with an unfluted.  I think it is just how it strikes me when I first see them. 
I like the unfluted cylinder on my Black Widow very much and don't think I would care for quite as much with a fluted one.  It just boils down to a matter of taste, and is more personal then anything.
A gun is like a parachute; if you need it and don't have it, you probably won't need it again.

Canoeal

I specifically said the hogleg would look 'Right" with a fluted cylynder, Not that all of the guns need one. My BW looks fine the way it is, but certain others aesthetically speaking look better with a fluted cylinder. The Hogleg earl series, the sheriff, the BO come to mind. It seems to me to be the ones that also would look good with boot grips...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Bigbird48

I like fluted too ;D

Boisesteve

I got the 4" Earl as my hiking/"kit" gun after checking BBTI also.  I looked at the Hogleg and considered it, because as was said the 6" barrel really helps energy and velocity in 22mag. The difference between 4" and 6" is like 300-400 fps depending on which ammo is used. But the 4" is in so many ways the right compromise size for me, that's which one I chose. And it's an accurate shooter too!
The nice thing about these minis, there's enough variety for almost everyone to find the right choice.
Be well all. Boise Steve

Canoeal

Quote from: Bigbird48 on July-10-18 15:07
I like fluted too ;D

Yep. that is what I am talking about...

PaducahMichael

Not mine - but I sure wish!
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."