Bug Out Pocket Holster

Started by Rick_Jorgenson, March-16-18 08:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick_Jorgenson

This is a newer pattern used for pocket holsters and I thought I'd post the Bug-Out with it.  It covers the trigger and has a little deeper pocket for the gun, holding it in position to draw.

The Gun itself is unique with it's "Sheriff" Style Barrel and Orange Grip.  When customers come in the shop and look over at the table, there can be 6 or 7 guns  and they will ask about "the orange thing".

Black Leather and Orange Thread is a natural for attention and questions from those that never heard of NAA Revolvers I have introduced quite a few people to NAA products because it is so noticeable.

Feedback is always appreciated and helps improve each holster (good & bad)

Thanks for looking!

Rick Jorgenson

RogueTS1

Same thing here. Lose the pocket and I think it is great. More so than the other holster on the other thread.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: RogueTS1 on March-16-18 09:03
Same thing here. Lose the pocket and I think it is great. More so than the other holster on the other thread.

Thanks Rogue,  the pocket is more of a "selling point" than useful (my opinion) there is no real re-loading under duress with any mini.

Customers like the option of carrying additional ammo (I have 3 options available) so much that a "special order" is a pocket holster without  :o

"One is none, Two is one"  (this was told to me by a customer I'm not sure who the quote is from)  Reason for carrying multiple firearms.  # One can always fail, your backup becomes #1
Rick Jorgenson

Uncle_Lee

Yep, That is why I never carry just one. Most of the time it is 3. 2 Black Widows and a Pug.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Canoeal

Yep. If I get all my questions about the BO/BO2 answered and get back to working on boats I would be thinking about the BO2, and a holster, but slightly narrower without the pouch. Pouches just don't seem to work for me...I even tried to make one with a 'hidden pouch , but it doesn't fit quite right for me, an my work was crude next to Rick's...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

RogueTS1

I carry reloads for my minis but in a speed strip located in a separate belt pouch. These cartridges are so small I find it much easier to grasp the strip and peel them into the cylinder, not too slowly either, than try and fumble with loose cartridges out of a tiny snapped pouch and then into the cylinder. JMO

Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Arts09

I purchased one of these from Rick weeks ago and i'm finally getting around to posting it. Been switching from the Bug Out 1 & 2. This style being narrower than some of his other holsters, fit's better in some of the smaller front pockets. Nice design Rick!

Uncle_Lee

God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Canoeal

Looks kinda like one Rick made for my BW...but mine was black thread, for a BW  w/a laser... Now the laser is not on the gun.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

RogueTS1

grizzly

I just got a Bug 2 convertible today so I'm going to have to get a couple new holsters ordered from Rick soon.

Warthog

Rick, I love the orange thread but a nice dark blue, because those are the colors of my Alma Mater, would really make me happy.

I will see when I am better healthwise and we shall talk...
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: Canoeal on April-06-18 08:04
Looks kinda like one Rick made for my BW...but mine was black thread, for a BW  w/a laser... Now the laser is not on the gun.

Your idea & request for that was the first one I made.   :)

Funny story (well, funny now)  I made one for you and was ready to ship it and just at the last minute realized you had the Venom Laser! The one I just finished did not!

So I quickly made the second one with room for the laser and sent it to you.   I now carry the first one I made for you and you have version 1.1 lol!!

I always end up with the reject holsters or prototypes that just quite didn't work.  This time I have a good one! lol!!  ;D

I carry the "Black, Black Widow"  in it.  (It's my photo model!)
Rick Jorgenson

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: Arts09 on April-06-18 03:04
I purchased one of these from Rick weeks ago and i'm finally getting around to posting it. Been switching from the Bug Out 1 & 2. This style being narrower than some of his other holsters, fit's better in some of the smaller front pockets. Nice design Rick!

Glad you like it!

Thanks for posting it too!
Rick Jorgenson

grizzly

I really like the looks of the Bugout pocket holster, great work as usual Rick. I just picked up a Bug 2 convertible and am going to need a holster for it. Do you make any IWB holsters for the Bugout/Bug 2?

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: grizzly on April-08-18 07:04
I really like the looks of the Bugout pocket holster, great work as usual Rick. I just picked up a Bug 2 convertible and am going to need a holster for it. Do you make any IWB holsters for the Bugout/Bug 2?

Yes I do make those.  In "Tuck-able" and regular style.
Rick Jorgenson

grayelky

I got a new holster for my Bug Out II yesterday.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

KEN AR

I like the idea of the loading strips.  I use them on several of my revolvers.  Once I get my NAA I'll be in the shop to get a pocket holster made up.  I'm thinking an open top for the reloading strip and a wider base for the Cargo pockets of the shorts we get to wear here in AZ for 11 months a year!  Might even be wide enough for two loading strips...
I'll play with my Smith & Wesson 638 tomorrow to see how it works.

Ken AZ
Ken AZ is now KEN AR, moved in 2021 to the Natural State
Black Widow MAG/LR, Mini Master, Mini 1 5/8" Mag/LR
Desert Gun Leather holsters
https://desertgunleather.com/
RevisionCV.com Grips

Pugmeister

Very nice Rick! Great job on all!
I personally like the extra rounds pocket. While I agree with you about reloading under duress being iffy at best, I am a
firm believer in "to have" rather than wishing you had. Especially with the very minimal room that the pocket takes up.
And with any pocket holster you need the extra size to keep it oriented in the pocket.
PUGMEISTER

Canoeal

Just a note. We got a loaner car, while the first half of the repairs are done to our Subaru. The car is graphite gary and the interior is Black...with orange stitching....

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: KEN AZ on April-18-18 23:04
I like the idea of the loading strips.  I use them on several of my revolvers.  Once I get my NAA I'll be in the shop to get a pocket holster made up.  I'm thinking an open top for the reloading strip and a wider base for the Cargo pockets of the shorts we get to wear here in AZ for 11 months a year!  Might even be wide enough for two loading strips...
I'll play with my Smith & Wesson 638 tomorrow to see how it works.

Ken AZ

First off... WELCOME to the Madhouse Forum!

I have never handled the loading strips I have only seen photos.  I know many people use them and seem to like them.

I'll be glad to take a look at yours and see how best to incorporate it in a holster (or a separate item)

p.s.

We don't brag about the AZ weather in public.  We respect the rights of those that like to shovel snow!  ::). lol!!!

This week I have talked to people from the east,  they ask what the temp outside is..... I tell them it 85 but with the wind chill its  84-1/2   :o   
It's snowing where they've  called from.   8)
It's all fair.... they laugh at us in the summer when its 110 to 115.  :-X

Quote from: Canoeal on April-19-18 06:04
Just a note. We got a loaner car, while the first half of the repairs are done to our Subaru. The car is graphite gary and the interior is Black...with orange stitching....

See Al....  The car companies are catching on to the "Bug-Out" syndrome! lol!!

I see a new pocket Holster for that loved Black Widow of yours in Black with Orange stitching in your future! lol!!

Quote from: Pugmeister on April-19-18 06:04
Very nice Rick! Great job on all!
I personally like the extra rounds pocket. While I agree with you about reloading under duress being iffy at best, I am a
firm believer in "to have" rather than wishing you had. Especially with the very minimal room that the pocket takes up.
And with any pocket holster you need the extra size to keep it oriented in the pocket.

Most of us may never be in that situation (under duress) but it can be handy to be out on a hike and need a few extra rounds.   Size of the Holster and the pocket its going to be riding in can be an issue.   I see the 5 rounds as a small area and the Loading Strips look larger (10 Rounds)  so I need to get my hands on one to really evaluate them fairly.

Rick Jorgenson

RogueTS1

No; I believe Rick has gone into the car upholstery business on the side.  ;D

Bigbird48

Hmmm So Thats what that Subaru was doing parked out back of Ricks shop Yesterday ;D

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: RogueTS1 on April-19-18 10:04
No; I believe Rick has gone into the car upholstery business on the side.  ;D

Everything is now done in Orange Thread!!! lol!!

Quote from: Bigbird48 on April-19-18 10:04
Hmmm So Thats what that Subaru was doing parked out back of Ricks shop Yesterday ;D

I'm a Subaru Orange Thread expert!  ::)
Rick Jorgenson

Scout24

I'm not terribly worried about having the extra rounds, though they may come in handy when topping off out in the woods. The ammo pouch area stabilizes the gun nicely in the bottom of a pocket, and does a nice job catchhing on a pocket lip if you ever need to clear leather in a hurry. I'm waiting for two of Rick's holsters that were invoiced and paid for, can't wait! The pocket holster sold by NAA is sub par at best, I can't believe DeSantis puts their name on it.

Canoeal

Yeah the Desantis I had didn't last very long. It is still in some pictures I use, but it is gone.