Thanks, Desert Gunleather...

Started by Scout24, April-26-18 07:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Scout24

My first two- no fancy stamping, wild stitching, or cool colors. Just a pair of incredibly well made rough side out working holsters for day to day carry. The IWB works great appendix carry under even the lightest t-shirt, and the pocket holster speaks for itself. Awesome gear.

smokeless joe

I am a big fan of Ricks work (as many of us are) I have one of his holsters for my Pug. I like the look of that iwb holster. Thanks for sharing.

Canoeal

bug fan? I hope no one is a bug fan...unless you have one of those bug salt guns...I am a BIG FAN of Rick's work...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

smokeless joe

Quote from: Canoeal on April-26-18 08:04
bug fan? I hope no one is a bug fan...unless you have one of those bug salt guns...I am a BIG FAN of Rick's work...
Fixed. But I'll leave it uncorrected for the quote. Fat fingers on small phone keyboard ;)

Canoeal

Just kidding with you. I knew what you meant. Rick does do awesome work.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

postalman

Joe might be a "bugout" fan of Rick's. Or even a bugout II.
"Let the gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."- Thomas Jefferson

Warthog

Rick does great work, I have a few holster he has made for me.  Yours looks good Scout24. 8)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

smokeless joe

Quote from: Canoeal on April-26-18 08:04
Just kidding with you. I knew what you meant. Rick does do awesome work.
Oh yes I know. No problem Al

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: smokeless joe on April-24-18 03:04
Very nice work Rick
Thanks Smokeless!
Quote from: Catshooter on April-25-18 21:04
Rick,

I like the looks of that Leatherman style holster.  Can you show a pic of one with the pistol in it please?  And what is the 'soft leather insert'?  And prices?

Thanks.

Cat
No Cat, I can not. 
It is for a Leatherman Tool.  I posted it only because it is similar to the Freedom Arms Pouch OV loves so much.  This is not as large as the Freedom Arms Pouch.
The Freedom Arms Pouch has a soft piece of chap leather inside that helps keep the gun from rattling around.
Quote from: grayelky on April-25-18 15:04
I have a belt with matching holster made by Rick for my Kimber 3" 1911 in .45. Once again I can carry my 45, all day, w/o issue. It is amazing the difference a good, quality belt will make in the comfort carrying department!
A good belt can make or break your carry comfort.  Thank you grayelky!
Quote from: JRobyn on April-25-18 14:04
I'm sure there's a good reason that I'm just not seeing, but why are the "hammer cover" portions of your holsters so pronounced?  I would think that after a few years of daily carry, the inside edge of my jeans pockets would start to wear through.  Have you ever made any with the whole top frame/hammer side a little straighter?
The Hammer cover is where 2 pieces of leather come together, glued, stitched.
#1 -  It helps keep the shape of the holster as well as the retention of the gun
#2 - It covers the pointy Hammer that can hurt when jammed in your fat muscle/skin
#3 - It helps with the draw by hooking on your jeans pocket and/or pushing with your thumb

No jeans have been harmed by my holsters  ::)

Yes, I have made them several different ways, and do not care for them....  IMHO (I carry 1 or 2 everyday) this style works the best. (I am not a gun expert but, do believe I have some advanced knowledge on Leather Holsters) Your mileage may vary, no trouble.....
Quote from: Canoeal on April-26-18 07:04
Quote from: JRobyn on April-25-18 14:04
I'm sure there's a good reason that I'm just not seeing, but why are the "hammer cover" portions of your holsters so pronounced?  I would think that after a few years of daily carry, the inside edge of my jeans pockets would start to wear through.  Have you ever made any with the whole top frame/hammer side a little straighter?

I think the top point above the hammer is meant aid in pushing down with your thumb, to remove the gun from the holster. At least that is my understanding of it...

Right on target Al!  8)
Quote from: RogueTS1 on April-24-18 15:04
Rick; 2.5 weeks wait time on a hand made leather holster is nothing. I could not see anybody being upset because they had to wait 2.5 weeks on a holster made to your specs. Worry not.  ;D
Thank you Rogue!  :)
Quote from: OV-1D on April-25-18 09:04
  Very fine stout looking piece Rick but it does need to be wider for concealed carry , at least the flap needs to cover the butt and trigger of the gun . Love the leather though , thanks .
Yep, for a gun it would need to be larger.  The Leatherman tools are narrower, that is what this one is for.  I just wanted to put it out there for you to see.
Quote from: Ruger on April-24-18 06:04
OUTSTANDING WORKMANSHIP and CARE!!
Thanks Ruger!  ;)
Quote from: Postalman on April-24-18 05:04
A BIG +1 on your work. Top notch! Quality work takes time.
Thanks Postalman!  ;D
Quote from: rustyzues on April-24-18 05:04
Ricks holsters are worth a short wait.
Thanks RustyZ!  ;D
Quote from: uncle_lee on April-24-18 03:04
Quote from: smokeless joe on April-24-18 03:04
Very nice work Rick

Ditto.
We don't get too unhappy when something takes a little time.  :D
Thanks Uncle_Lee!  :)
Rick Jorgenson