Minis and pocket knives

Started by Dinadan, April-29-18 17:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Warthog

Quote from: pietro on May-05-18 08:05
Warty, could you please put a brand name to a few of your daggers, and (maybe) if/where they are available ?

I'd be interested in knowing about the 3 daggers in your FirstThree  pic.

First three are, top to bottom...
Cold Steel Tai Pan, bought from an auction on EBay

Cold Steel Peacemaker One, the original not the one they sell now.  Bought at a show with the other two Peacemakers from a person I knew once

Boker Shantz Integral, Ebay vendor, not an auction.

If you meant the picture titled "FirstThree", if not please tell me and I will do my best to try and help. :)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

pietro

Those are the ones - Thanks, Warty !  .  :D

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

Warthog

Quote from: ikoiko on May-05-18 06:05
May be a reason for that, Dinadan.

https://www.bladehq.com/cat--Leverletto-Bill-DeShivs--2434

WOW!  I love leverlettos!  I guess I have been doing so much stuff lately trying to heal up I never made the connection!

Bill_DeShivs himself is on our forum, I own some of those knives too but not many because I have not been able to get the ones I really wanted before they were scapped up....

Anytime Pietro, if I can help a brother out I will do my best to do so.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

pietro

I fell in lust, and just ordered/bought a CS Tai Pan from E-Bay (sigh) ;)

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

Warthog

Yeah, the Tai Pan is a bit expensive, mine is a very old one so it wasn't as bad.

OK, here are my leverlocks and leverlettos with my ported PUG for Bill_Deshivs...not near as big of a collection but it is still growing! 8)
-Albert Einstein

Dinadan

Quote from: ikoiko on May-05-18 06:05
Quote from: Dinadan on May-05-18 06:05
Quote from: bill_deshivs on May-04-18 22:05
You guys are loads of fun!
Nice collection, Bill! Those knives look mint.

May be a reason for that, Dinadan.
https://www.bladehq.com/cat--Leverletto-Bill-DeShivs--2434
Thanks, Ikoiko. It has been a while since I looked at Bill's web page - probably because I hate getting drool  on my keyboard!

Nice collection of leverlocks, Warty.

ikoiko

You're welcome Dinadan. Here's the link to his actual web page.

http://www.billdeshivs.com/bd/

If you do a search on his name, you'll find some links to him on forums and such.

Dinadan

Here is a NAA Short with a pair of older, worn, and beat up whittlers. Top one is a Schrade, bottom one is a Cattaraugus.

Warthog

Thank you Dindan, those are my meager collection of leverlocks, I have a bunch of switchblades in general though.  IkoIko, thank you for the links you have given me, I really never made the connection when I would read Bill_Deshivs posts until you helped me.

As for knives and Minis, I have a lot of knives of all sorts and a fair number of Minis so I will see what I can do in time. :)
-Albert Einstein

smokeless joe

I finally drug out one small box with a few knives in it. The buck is a commemorative piece that my mom got me back when they were overhauling the Statue of Liberty. It has a small piece of the statue material in it. Other than that nothing special.

Warthog

Cool Joe, the Statue of Liberty knife is very cool.  Probably worth a bit in some years to come.  If you kept the box and all the other stuff that came with it, which I don't do very often because I have enough junk laying around and don't need more.  Also I tend to carry and use my knives and other stuff so I don't much care about the collectability of it. 8)
-Albert Einstein

smokeless joe

Quote from: Warty62 on May-06-18 15:05
Cool Joe, the Statue of Liberty knife is very cool.  Probably worth a bit in some years to come.  If you kept the box and all the other stuff that came with it, which I don't do very often because I have enough junk laying around and don't need more.  Also I tend to carry and use my knives and other stuff so I don't much care about the collectability of it. 8)
I do have the box for it. I usually keep that stuff just for the collectibility. All the other knives were just gotten here and there. Even my old Cub Scout knife. That's gotta be collectible now that they killed the scouts  :-\

Warthog

Yeah, I bought one of Bill Deshiv's AKC leverlettos from Blade HQ but the one I want remains out of stock, would love to have the Abalone (w/o serrations on the blade) one of one of the others that I like.  I love leverlettos as much as I love other automatic, must be due to my Italian blood.  8)
-Albert Einstein

Warthog

Yeah but who knows, it may still be collectable by people who collect those things... ;)

Quote from: smokeless joe on May-06-18 15:05
Quote from: Warty62 on May-06-18 15:05
I do have the box for it. I usually keep that stuff just for the collectibility. All the other knives were just gotten here and there. Even my old Cub Scout knife. That's gotta be collectible now that they killed the scouts  :-\
-Albert Einstein

Dinadan

Quote from: smokeless joe on May-06-18 12:05
I finally drug out one small box with a few knives in it. The buck is a commemorative piece that my mom got me back when they were overhauling the Statue of Liberty. It has a small piece of the statue material in it. Other than that nothing special.
I have some knives  like that, too. I notice Case, Camillus, Old Timer and Buck: a pretty good assortment. That Case Sodbuster looks in pretty good shape - just needs a cleaning. I think pocket knives accumulate across a lifetime more than most other stuff because no one can stand to toss one out. In my case I cannot stop buying!

Warthog

Yeah Dindan, that's my problem too, I have plenty of this sort of item but somehow I can't stop getting more of them.  Nor can I bear the throw any away and frankly the resale on most of them isn't worth the trouble of trying to sell them. :(
-Albert Einstein

smokeless joe

Quote from: Dinadan on May-06-18 17:05
Quote from: smokeless joe on May-06-18 12:05
I have some knives  like that, too. I notice Case, Camillus, Old Timer and Buck: a pretty good assortment. That Case Sodbuster looks in pretty good shape - just needs a cleaning. I think pocket knives accumulate across a lifetime more than most other stuff because no one can stand to toss one out. In my case I cannot stop buying!
Yeah many years ago I collected knives but have long since stopped. I carry a leatherman everyday now as it usually has everything I need in one package.

Dinadan

Quote from: Warty62 on May-06-18 17:05
Yeah Dindan, that's my problem too, I have plenty of this sort of item but somehow I can't stop getting more of them.  Nor can I bear the throw any away and frankly the resale on most of them isn't worth the trouble of trying to sell them. :(
Even if I were able to make a small profit I am not crazy about the idea of making a run to the post office every morning to mail off a knife or other item. Sometimes I buy stuff on Ebay and when it arrives I think that the fellow who sold it went to a lot of trouble packing and shipping to make a couple of dollars. My knives, guns, and fishing gear will make for a nice estate sale some day ...

billmeek

I don't eBay stuff either.  But a lot of those folks just print out the postage online and drop the package in their mailbox.  No trip necessary.  Then others sell enough items at a time to justify a trip to carrier/post office.

One of the things in my mind about selling the items on eBay (or elsewhere) is that hopefully the buyer will appreciate what they are getting rather someone who buys it in an estate sale who gets it in a bulk lot of "junk". 
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

rustyzues

Wow! Nice collection Bill.

bill_deshivs

Oh-you have no idea! That's one of 14 drawers, and then there's the custom coffee table full of them, and more stuffed all around!
Thanks.

Warthog

Quote from: bill_deshivs on May-07-18 16:05
Oh-you have no idea! That's one of 14 drawers, and then there's the custom coffee table full of them, and more stuffed all around!
Thanks.
Yeah Bill, you got me beat hands down on Leverlettos.  If you can help me get the ABALONE SCALES with a nonserrated blade please send me a PM and we can work it out.

If you want to show your whole collection, I would love to see it too.  I will post a full collection of switchblades and OTFs here before long and I will through a Mini in it to keep it proper. 8)
-Albert Einstein

PaducahMichael

Meet Mini Pearl and her gang:
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

smokeless joe

bill_deshivs

Warty,
The only way I could help you get what you want is for me to build it for you-which I can do.

ikoiko

Good to know. Sounds like you guys need to "talk".

Warthog

Quote from: ikoiko on May-08-18 18:05
Good to know. Sounds like you guys need to "talk".

I sent a PM to him to see how this would work.  So I am crossing my fingers. 8)

Bice PaduchahMike! :)
-Albert Einstein

Dinadan

Quote from: PaducahMichael on May-08-18 16:05
Meet Mini Pearl and her gang:
Very nice stuff, PaducahMichael. I do not have any pearl grips, maybe that is something I should change ...I used to think that I did not much care for mother of pearl, but after I got my first knife or two with MOP I decided that I am actually very fond pearl.

PaducahMichael

Thanks for the nice words. They mean the world to Mini Pearl.

I think I must've been a pimp in a former life. I love mother of pearl. The real stuff has so much color!

Warthog

MOP is a good looker as is Abalone, which is what I am working to own on a leverletto.  I will have to see what happens and show it off if it happens.
-Albert Einstein

Bigbird48

Lets go mini  ;D

bill_deshivs

Well, darn it!
I was going to take a picture of my wife's mother of pearl and sterling silver handled mini Leverletto necklace (real, working knife) and a mini revolver, but she has it "put up" somewhere. It could take weeks to find it!

bill_deshivs

Aha! She found it!

PaducahMichael

OK, Bill, I'm drooling all over the keyboard. Very pretty.

ikoiko

Nice, Bill. Is the stag handled short "she who must be obeyed's" too?