Firearm Friday

Started by billmeek, May-04-18 14:05

Previous topic - Next topic

billmeek

This must be Firearm Friday!  Earlier today I got a notification that Brownell's is finally shipping out my (long awaited) Sig P365.  Checking the mail today I found the replacement cylinder pin assembly from NAA for my BugOut II and both of my holsters for the Pug and Bugout II.  If only my rubber grip (Black Widow grip without the logo) had arrived a day early, I would have been all set for awhile.  That is until I order another gun... likely in the next couple of days. 

I decided to try the oversized grip on the Pug before ordering a Black Widow.  I'd rather wait until the Black Widows come stock with the XS dot sights. There's also the fact that I'm shopping 22 rifles and associated hardware to possibly shoot National Rifle League 22 matches at my local outdoor range.  My Encore is just a bit slow the job.

By the way, the Desert Gun Leather holsters are too damned pretty to overly compress the graphics before posting. <grin>  Just got off the phone with Rick to compliment him on the fine work... and order a pancake holster for the Sig P365. 
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

Warthog

OK, here are my three in Rick's holsters, a Black Widow, a Sidewinder and my Ranger II.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

smokeless joe

Yeah in the near future I'm gonna be hitting Rick up for one of the Ricks pancake holsters for my Pug.

billmeek

A couple of photos after changing the grips on the Pug.  In my opinion the Black Widow grips (without the Black Widow logo) totally transform this pistol's handling.  Yes, they're huge compared to the slip-on grip that comes stock and make it less pocketable.  But for someone who buys the Pug as a first NAA, they'll gripe about how "inaccurate" (meaning the ergonomics are poor) this gun shoots.  It might be a better idea to put the bigger grips on the entire line (Pug/Black Widow/Mini Master) and make the slip-on grip an option. 

What is your opinion?

Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

smokeless joe

They do improve the handling but I did the same and wasn't satisfied with the look. I went with thing meister grips and liked it better. Then I switched back to original and put the thing meisters on my Black Widow as I found I was carrying it more.

billmeek

Thanks for the info.  I may try out some other grips in the future.  But for right now I'm pretty happy with the handling on the Pug.  I've got to see how it shoots (probably tomorrow) with the new grips.
Bill

PaPa K

Bill-I changed my Pug to the MM grips like you did and it made a big difference in the handling. After a little while I didn't notice the size difference as much as the improved grip. Plus, now it and my BW handle almost exactly the same.

RogueTS1

Yes they drastically improve the handling but the rubber grips just look odd on the minis other than the BW. That is why they make the wooden SS grips. They handle just as good and make the gun look fantastic.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Gog

Quote from: billmeek on May-04-18 14:05
This must be Firearm Friday!  Earlier today I got a notification that Brownell's is finally shipping out my (long awaited) Sig P365.  Checking the mail today I found the replacement cylinder pin assembly from NAA for my BugOut II and both of my holsters for the Pug and Bugout II.  If only my rubber grip (Black Widow grip without the logo) had arrived a day early, I would have been all set for awhile.  That is until I order another gun... likely in the next couple of days. 

I decided to try the oversized grip on the Pug before ordering a Black Widow.  I'd rather wait until the Black Widows come stock with the XS dot sights. There's also the fact that I'm shopping 22 rifles and associated hardware to possibly shoot National Rifle League 22 matches at my local outdoor range.  My Encore is just a bit slow the job.

By the way, the Desert Gun Leather holsters are too damned pretty to overly compress the graphics before posting. <grin>  Just got off the phone with Rick to compliment him on the fine work... and order a pancake holster for the Sig P365.

Grats on finally getting close to the P365. I got mine a week ago and am very impressed with it!

billmeek

Thanks!  The P365 should be at the local FFL dealer tomorrow.  Unfortunately the second Tuesday of the month is tough because of my business. I might have to wait another day or 2 to get it in-hand.  I've had two 12-round mags and a kydex holster sitting here since mid February just waiting on the pistol.

Did you clean your P365 up before shooting it?  If so, how bad was it?  From what I've read, they are often over-packed with grease.
Bill