This is a little different than most of the Pocket Holsters I Build (color)

Started by Rick_Jorgenson, May-13-18 11:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick_Jorgenson

A customer asked if I could make their holster "Very light in color" 

Leather looses some oils/waxes from the wetting and molding process.  Neats Foot Oil or in some Olive oil is applied in light coats to the smooth side to replenish what was lost.

Normally we place them in the sun to darken.  This one had a light oil treatment and a light coat of conditioner with no sunning.

I usually use a darker color edge coating (Fiebings "Cordovan" Edge Kote) but on this one it would have looked way to dark so I used Fiebings "Tan".  It is much lighter but still makes it look "Finished". JMHO  ::)

It is a little different than my normal "Natural Oil Finish" so I thought I would post it.

Thanks for looking
Rick Jorgenson

Warthog

You know me Rick, I love the look of natural leather, not colored with dyes, just leather.  Of course I do like the colored stitching and those little scallop shells you put on my Black Widow holster.  Those are nice things, the natural leather though is a nice thing and that is a very lice looking holster.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

mainstreet

PaducahMichael

"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

billmeek

Rick,

Quit posting pictures of new holsters to buy!  I already have more on order from you and don't need the temptation.  <grin>
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

Canoeal

"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

smokeless joe

Uncle_Lee

God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

postalman

Needless to say, any color you use comes out as a quality holster!
"Let the gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."- Thomas Jefferson

KEN AR

Love it!  I like the speed loader pouch.  Color is very nice.
Ken AZ is now KEN AR, moved in 2021 to the Natural State
Black Widow MAG/LR, Mini Master, Mini 1 5/8" Mag/LR
Desert Gun Leather holsters
https://desertgunleather.com/
RevisionCV.com Grips

yncrogers