Walther Model 9

Started by heyjoe, February-16-12 05:02

Previous topic - Next topic

heyjoe

I gave my new to me Walther Model 9 25 acp 6+1 a good cleaning last night. It dates back to about 1930. A little smaller than the baby browning i have.

It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

45flint

Got to love this.  Very nice

Uncle_Lee

I looked all over for one of those when I was collecting little .25s.

Never did find one worth buying.

Yours looks really good.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

heyjoe

i was considering a Bernadelli Vest Pocket 25 when someone told me about the Walther being for sale.

Baby Browning on left, Walther Model 9 on right

bill_deshivs

I have a model 9 in pieces in my shop-somewhere.

The Bernardelli is an improved copy of the Walther 9.

elkslayer

Beautiful!  How do those little Walthers shoot?

Jim

bud

The thing about my baby browning is I have to remember to hold my hand low on the grip or the slide opens up a nice cut between my thumb and index finger.

heyjoe

i havent fired it yet Elkslayer.

Bud holding the Walther Model 9, i can see that it will be more probable to happen, ill have to keep it in mind. When i hold it in my hand naturally without thinking about it  the slide would hit my hand.  

Bill if you want to sell a few of those parts, like firing pin, magazine, recoil spring guide, latch retainer lever or springs etc. let me know. id like to keep some extra parts on hand.

http://www.carlwalther.com/views/ev_modell9.htm">http://www.carlwalther.com/views/ev_modell9.htm

bill_deshivs

I think I have a complete gun-just disassembled, or missing a few parts. I haven't seen it in years. I'mm gonna keep it.

BTW- many Bernardelli parts will interchange with a little work.

heyjoe

ok, thanks for the information.

bama22

Joe, a very nice pair. May I ask how you found the Walther? Generally speaking that is.

My aunt, in her 90s, gave me a like-new Baby Browning, #410xxx dated 1967, a couple of months before she had a stroke and went to the nursing home. We found out a few days later, that her housekeeper or her handyman's wife (we think) had stolen a nice FNH Browning model 1900 7.65 aka 32ACP, that was my late uncle's.  

No telling how many guns like this are still in boxes in the attic, or in dresser drawers, forgotten.

There are some excellent write-ups about these guns in "The Unblinking Eye" authored by Ed Buffaloe. Google the name of the gun and look for that site. He says the Walther is more accurate than the Browning, but the Walther has some age-related spring problems. Everything you'd want to know including the Browning clones.

heyjoe

i have read about the Walther in the Unblinking Eye. learned a lot. lots of pictures and instructions on how to field strip it.

there are replacement springs for the Walther.

Someone on another gun forum told me about the Walther Model 9 for sale.  

There is a person right now who is asking on the Walther Forum how much his nicle plated model 9 is worth. he is going to sell it. it needs one grip but those are easy to find.

bama22

Have you ever seen models 5 or 8?  The article says they are a bit bigger than the model 9 and have a concealed hammer rather than a striker. Pretty sure any of these Walthers are more rare than the Baby Brownings.

heyjoe

no i havent. the model 9 i bought was the first one i had seen in person.

exma_hole

I have a model 5....but it needs a firing pin...SMALL little gun....pretty neat....