Awaiting Approval

Started by Jtartam, July-15-18 15:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Jtartam

Can someone wake up the person who approves postings?

Uncle_Lee

Be patient the test is to see if you are.
Welcome to the crazy house.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Gog

It's a pain but we all go through it.

Ruger

WELCOME Jtartam to the forum!  So glad you spoke up.  Yeah the process may be slow, but their is nothin' in this country better than the food one gets at the mom & pop diners spread across the land.  Same with this forum. It is moderated by good ol' folks that take their time and make it right.  Don't worry, we will wait on you, but remember, the more your submit, the faster the period will end.  Anyway, WELCOME to the firing line.  Shoot what you have and reload often.  We need your ideas, comments, opinions, hopes, dreams, trials and tribulations.  Oh, yeah; we need yor pictures too!  See you at the shooting table.
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

Canoeal

Send an individual reply to each of those here welcoming you. By the time you do. you will be past the 15 comment s needed to be off probation. Welcome and it was a pain, but for good reason...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Honky Tonk Man

I knew there would be a waiting period, but didn't realize it was days not hours.  I submitted a new topic Friday evening, and it still hasn't been approved on Monday night.  Oh well, no worries.  It took Uncle Sam about 8 months to check me out and approve my security clearance back in '68.  I'm not complaining, just running up my count.  Some things in life are worth waiting for.  I've been lurking on this forum for years.  If I waited that long to participate, what's a couple more weeks? 

Tom
Silence is Golden - Duct Tape is Silver

Ruger

Hey Honky . . .WELCOME!  Glad you finally came out of the shadows!  You must have lots of things to comment on by now, so let us hear from you! And as you know, if there ain't no pictures, it didn't happen.  This is a tough board.  ;)

Bj

Uploading pictures could be one way to get the post count up.  I think probation is maybe first 14 posts.

Texduk3

Welcome Honky Tonk, and Jtartam,
enjoy the topics,  its awesome site with awesome folks
"God and Guns"
"Lets Go Brandon"

pietro

"Welcome" to the both of you !

Remember, "No wine, before it's time"...... ;)

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

Jtartam

Here are some of mine.....

Honky Tonk Man

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Texduk, if I remember correctly, your handle references your choice of bikes.  I had a riding buddy in the 80's that rode Ducks and Guzzi's.  I was into Beemers back them.  Switched to Harleys after that.

Pietro, as a former lurker, I always liked what you had to say.  Good to be on the team now. 

Running up the count...

Tom

keithd

The guys are correct the wait is worth it. Welcome
Ranger II EB
Wasp
Black Widow

Ruger

Jtertam . . . NICE . . . NICE!

Bigbird48

Jtartam Welcome and nice collection you got going and Honky Welcome too :D

Jtartam

Texduk3

Quote from: Honky Tonk Man on July-17-18 17:07

Texduk, if I remember correctly, your handle references your choice of bikes.  I had a riding buddy in the 80's that rode Ducks and Guzzi's.  I was into Beemers back them.  Switched to Harleys after that.

Pietro, as a former lurker, I always liked what you had to say.  Good to be on the team now. 

Running up the count...

Tom

Not to burst the bubble,,,,,,
Texduk3 is

I moved to Texas
I hunt ducks
I am a life long  #3 Dale Earnhardt fan

but .... rode a honda cb360 in college  back in late 70's    vrooom vroom

and have 2 mini's
"God and Guns"
"Lets Go Brandon"

Honky Tonk Man

Quote from: Texduk3 on July-18-18 15:07
Quote from: Honky Tonk Man on July-17-18 17:07

Running up the count...

Tom

Not to burst the bubble,,,,,,
Texduk3 is

I moved to Texas
I hunt ducks
I am a life long  #3 Dale Earnhardt fan

but .... rode a honda cb360 in college  back in late 70's    vrooom vroom

and have 2 mini's

Oh sorry Texduk, must have confused you with someone else here.  I'm a duck hunter too, but not in a couple years.  Great Lakes, Chesapeake Bay, and Tennessee. 

Tom

smokeless joe

Quote from: Jtartam on July-17-18 16:07
Here are some of mine.....
Nice collection and nice leather as well.

Uncle_Lee

Very nice collection started there..
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Ruger

Quote from: uncle_lee on July-19-18 03:07

I only have four (4) Minis . . so I guess I better stop calling them my "Mini Collection", since five (5) is just a "nice start".  Good incentive to increase my herd, so to speak!

smokeless joe

Quote from: Ruger on July-19-18 08:07
Quote from: uncle_lee on July-19-18 03:07

I only have four (4) Minis . . so I guess I better stop calling them my "Mini Collection", since five (5) is just a "nice start".  Good incentive to increase my herd, so to speak!
I wouldn't try competing with uncle_lee. Could get expensive ;)

bearcatter

Some (many?) of you guys have more minis than I have guns.......My grand total of six is in my signature. Only owned 20 or so others in my life......:(
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

smokeless joe

Quote from: bearcatter on July-19-18 09:07
Some (many?) of you guys have more minis than I have guns.......My grand total of six is in my signature. Only owned 20 or so others in my life......:(
Guilty as charged but I consider my mini collection "mini" as well compared to some of the guys in the forum.

Bigbird48

I just have 7 Mini's :D

Ruger

Quote from: smokeless joe on July-19-18 08:07I wouldn't try competing with uncle_lee. Could get expensive ;)

It's not the expense; it is the tolerance of my main squeeze.  Two or three a year keeps things on a level I can stand.  ;)

Gog

Wow op, great collection of steel and leather!! Great pic!

Canoeal

"but .... rode a honda cb360 in college  back in late 70's    vrooom vroom

ack then I had a honda CB200T. Not so vroom. I did upgrade to a couple of Kawasakis after that...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Honky Tonk Man

Quote from: Canoeal on July-19-18 21:07

ack then I had a honda CB200T. Not so vroom. I did upgrade to a couple of Kawasakis after that...

I had to look the CB200T bike up.  Nice!  It was styled like a cafe racer.  My first bike was a '67 Triumph Bonneville.  I bought it when I got back from Nam.  Plenty of Vroom, and plenty of tickets.  I had a Honda CX 500C in '79.  They ran like tops, water cooled, shaft drive.  After that a couple of Beemers, a 1980 R 65LS followed by a '81 R 100S.  The '81 was a cafe racer with clip on bars and rearset pegs.  I kept that one a long time.  Last bike was an '06 HD Street Bob.  Can't say enough good things about that bike!    I'll try to post a picture..

Honky Tonk Man

Counting this post, I have 5 in the hopper waiting approval.  If my math is correct, and they all get approved, I'll have enough posts to get off probation.   No more ankle bracelet.  I'll feel like a new man!

Tom

dbrn

smokeless joe

Quote from: Ruger on July-19-18 12:07
Quote from: smokeless joe on July-19-18 08:07I wouldn't try competing with uncle_lee. Could get expensive ;)

It's not the expense; it is the tolerance of my main squeeze.  Two or three a year keeps things on a level I can stand.  ;)
Understood. I've got two I'm hoping to pick up Wednesday. Shhh... they'll blend in with the others I'm guessing ;)

BladesNBarrels

I had a Honda CL360 that became my freedom machine in early 70's after the service - When tired of hitting the books, I would take a beer up Flagstaff Mountain and watch the lights come on in Boulder.

Just bought my first NAA - a Sidewinder Convertible and am looking for a holster.

Honky Tonk Man

Welcome BNB!  This was a good thread for me to post mindless ideas just to get my post count up and off the probation status.  Hang in there.  FYI, the moderator hasn't been around much from Friday to Monday, but eventually your posts will all get thru.  Worth the wait. 

Listen to me!  I've been out of probation for 2 whole days, and I'm dishing out advice.  Only in America...  Too funny. 

smokeless joe

Quote from: BladesNBarrels on July-25-18 11:07

I had a Honda CL360 that became my freedom machine in early 70's after the service - When tired of hitting the books, I would take a beer up Flagstaff Mountain and watch the lights come on in Boulder.

Just bought my first NAA - a Sidewinder Convertible and am looking for a holster.
Welcome BNB there are many choices on holsters. We have a fine craftsman here in the forum named Rick. I'm sure you'll see some of his work posted as you look around the different threads.