Awaiting Approval

Started by Jtartam, July-15-18 15:07

Previous topic - Next topic

KEN AR

Welcome to the forum, to all  those who must wait.  I made it through a couple of months ago.  It is painful but goes quickly.

TEXDUC3,

As a Native, former and future Texan, (I'll be Back) who has duck hunted the great state since 1972 just a word of caution...Don't let you dog go after ducks in any coastal area water.  It seems that there are plenty of Gators that will take them under during a retrieve...saw it happen to a buddies dog.  Stopped duck hunting and started Gator hunting...

Ken AZ (for now)
Ken AZ is now KEN AR, moved in 2021 to the Natural State
Black Widow MAG/LR, Mini Master, Mini 1 5/8" Mag/LR
Desert Gun Leather holsters
https://desertgunleather.com/
RevisionCV.com Grips

RogueTS1

Welcome BNB; look into Rick's Shop (Desert Gun Leather) for holsters. He does awesome work for these, as well as others, little guns.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

KEN AR

I'll second Desert gun Leather.  Rick does great work.  He does pocket, pancake, crossdraw and anything else you can think of for the NAA.  He has a serious problem with NAA addiction.  Every time I have gone in there is a new NAA on the bench getting some kind of special leather made up for it.

He is the reason I'm now on here getting my "Group Therapy".  Take a look at some of his work done during craft time in his Therapy Center.

https://www.desertgunleather.com/shop/?category=North+American+Arms

Ken AZ
RevisionCV.com Grips

BladesNBarrels

Thank you for the link.  I sent an email asking about the Driving Holster and a Pocket Holster with an attachment for 5 extra rounds.

Canoeal

Yeah I took this picture in Georgia. The next trip down I was taking the picture of a very large one , and almost missed the 12 footer about five feet away from me. Fortunately he was asleep and missed me too.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Canoeal

Quote from: Bigbird48 on July-19-18 10:07
I just have 7 Mini's :D

Looks like 7 of the best ones...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Uncle_Lee

Welcome BNB...
Better a late Welcome than none at all.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Honky Tonk Man

Al and Ken, did you see the Swamp People episode when Bruce fell out of the boat and had to pull a NAA Mini out of his overall chest pocket and dispatch the gator?  My all-time favorite episode for sure!
Silence is Golden - Duct Tape is Silver

Uncle_Lee

I saw it.
We weren't going to be home when Swamp People came on so I recorded it.

When Bruce went in the water and shot the gator with the mini, I came off the couch.
Rewound and watched that 5 or 6 times before going ahead with the show.
God, Country, & Flag

smokeless joe

Quote from: Honky Tonk Man on July-27-18 04:07
Al and Ken, did you see the Swamp People episode when Bruce fell out of the boat and had to pull a NAA Mini out of his overall chest pocket and dispatch the gator?  My all-time favorite episode for sure!

Quote from: uncle_lee on July-27-18 04:07
I saw it.
We weren't going to be home when Swamp People came on so I recorded it.

When Bruce went in the water and shot the gator with the mini, I came off the couch.
Rewound and watched that 5 or 6 times before going ahead with the show.

;D

Honky Tonk Man

Uncle Lee, Joe,  I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner.  Age may be a factor?

Look what I found!  Here it is!  If this doesn't make a believer out of you; I don't know what will?  Hope this link works...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPQCFLWJG1E 

Ruger

Yeah, Honky . .  .that's why I like mine in my pocket; you just can miss at 2" away.  Makes for a tight pattern, too.
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

Honky Tonk Man

That's funny Ruger.  We were trained in the Army to shoot using the word  "B R A S S". 

1. Breath
2. Relax
3. Aim
4. Slack
5. Squeeze

Pretty sure if I was riding an alligator, I would have skipped a few of those steps.  All that training out the window.   

Canoeal

Quote from: Honky Tonk Man on July-27-18 04:07

Nope, I have never watched Swamp People...

Bigbird48

I never saw the show either LOL  ::)

KEN AR

I'm a red neck, yep I saw it and am still amazed at the things they do down on da bayou.
RevisionCV.com Grips

Uncle_Lee

9 seasons and I have not missed an episode.
Willie is my favorite. Skinny little dude gets his gators.
God, Country, & Flag

Honky Tonk Man

Quote from: uncle_lee on July-28-18 03:07
9 seasons and I have not missed an episode.
Willie is my favorite. Skinny little dude gets his gators.

Same here!  Never missed an episode.  Willie is mine and my wife's favorite too.  One tough kid.  I think he invented the weighted treble hook.  He gets the biggest gators and somehow manages to wrestle them all into his boat single-handed.  He used to fish with his Dad, but got tired of getting hit in the face by ricochets. 

Texduk3

Quote from: KEN AZ on July-25-18 22:07
Welcome to the forum, to all  those who must wait.  I made it through a couple of months ago.  It is painful but goes quickly.

TEXDUC3,

As a Native, former and future Texan, (I'll be Back) who has duck hunted the great state since 1972 just a word of caution...Don't let you dog go after ducks in any coastal area water.  It seems that there are plenty of Gators that will take them under during a retrieve...saw it happen to a buddies dog.  Stopped duck hunting and started Gator hunting...

Ken AZ (for now)

I have hunted all over the rice fields west of Houston since '92
my Choc lab is now retired,  10 yrs old  with a bad a ACL
Teal season starts soon
and will be out by Eagle Lake.
"God and Guns"
"Lets Go Brandon"

Uncle_Lee

Willie's dad was a whining, pushy bitc*.
God, Country, & Flag