Colt special lady

Started by masterdebater, May-02-12 20:05

Previous topic - Next topic

masterdebater

just picked one of these up all original box and cardboard box with all papers from a buddy, anybody know what the going price is on one of these? cant seem to find a stable answer and from what ive seen, well my hopes are up lol

louiethelump

A photo or some form of description would help.  What is it?

Update:

I looked it up.  It is a lady version of the last vintage of the Detective Special in high polish.  It is a standard Detective Special otherwise; of the last, cheapened persuasion.

That said, as new in the box ones appear to be going for 1200 to 1500 dollars.  I have no idea why, but things are worth what others will pay.

Should have a bobbed hammer by the looks of it.
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

masterdebater

yea its got the bobbed hammer on it its a beautiful gun and have seen the same as you, 1500-3000 but didnt know if thats what they were pulling and not just what crazy collectors are asking... so to shoot it or lock it away, cuz im not one to just let a gun go un-used

louiethelump

I would sell it and buy a Colt Detective special for about 500 and put 800 to 1000 into something else.  NOTHING special about that gun other than the crazy price.  It is NOT the best of the colts, and was one of the re-introduced guns after they had quit making them.  New crew, poorer fit and finish (inside) and you can get a superb earlier Colt Det Spl that will be a pleasure to shoot and money to pocket.

But that is just me
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

masterdebater

definitely something to look into my friend i appreciate the info!