Check Out This Engraved PSA Baby Browning

Started by mndoug, May-26-12 15:05

Previous topic - Next topic

mndoug

Saw this at a gun show last weekend.  Wow.  Guy said the engraver "probably isn't going to do it anymore" (he's elderly.)

therevjay

"I have no respect for a man who can spell a word only one way".....Mark Twain

louiethelump

It is, in a feminine sort of way.  Reminds me of what you might find one of the James Bond girls carrying in a garter holster or tucked into her bra.  
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

chopprs

I like it. Too bad it is not a real Baby Browning or I would have to have it....

Why do peeps spend time and money on cheeze whiz????????

That is a fifty dollar gun!

louiethelump

You better check again.  That is the currently made, very high quality copy that sells for 600-700 dollars and the fancy versions for more.

Run a GunBroer search and you will see what I mean.
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

chopprs

I don't care....it is not real!

I have had many copies over the years and it really is not a difficult task to copy the gun. It is as simple as a rock. I do love the design, that is why I had so many of them but after holding and firing several of the real deals I gradually lost interest in the copies. They are, after all a simple admiration of something wonderful and genius!

louiethelump

OK, OK, don't pop a vein dad!!!

You don't have to have one then...................
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

heyjoe

is your avatar the future first lady?
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

bill_deshivs

PSA is the licensed manufacturer of the FN "Baby."

Angelo Bee is a fine, renowned engraver.

jupiter7

Yes PSA has rights to make a copy. Is good looking, yet crap. Had 2 at different times, never reliable shooters. OTOH, I had a first production raven that never failed. 25acp is a non-starter and expensive, sold them all.

mndoug

I've had a couple of good Ravens, too, and always wondered why everyone dumps on them so badly.  For the money...

louiethelump

cause they are junk, not matter what they cost.

If have a plastic hammer, you don't say "it does not drive nails reliably, but it is not bad with thumb tacks for what it cost"

If you have a pot metal anvil in your shop, you don't say "well, when I hammer on it, big pieces of it break off, but it is an OK anvil for what it costs"
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

bill_deshivs

I have never handled the PSA version, but they are steel guns, of the original FN design. Are the guns improperly fitted? Why are they junk?

louiethelump

PSA is not junk Bill, they are well made quality guns.  You skipped over Doug's question as to why eveyone dumps on Ravens, as he has had a couple of good ones.

I was responding to the post directly above; as I am now.

Louie
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

jupiter7

PSA was crap as a shooter, as I said. Pretty yes, partially functional. In my book useless as a firearm. Ravens, yeah zinc alloy or pot metal. Reliable, crap in my case.

chopprs

.......what he said. I had one, I had a Frazier as well. Neither of them were great guns...I also had an original Baby Browning and it WAS a nice gun!

......I didn't pop a vein, I just agree with Jupiter, they are crap!

chopprs

.......what he said. I had one, I had a Frazier as well. Neither of them were great guns...I also had an original Baby Browning and it WAS a nice gun!

......I didn't pop a vein, I just agree with Jupiter, they are crap!

Uncle_Lee

God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )