trit sights---What ever happened?

Started by Canoeal, August-16-18 20:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Canoeal

I wondered what ever happened to looking into tritium sights for the BW?
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

smokeless joe

Good question. Even tho they would be nice I'm not sure now that I would upgrade from my current Black Widow just for the sights.

Honky Tonk Man

Wouldn't it be great if the BW sights were dovetailed the same size so you could drift the old ones off, and the new ones on?  I guess that would cut into new gun sales though. 
Silence is Golden - Duct Tape is Silver

Canoeal

That is what I was looking for when it was hinted that NAA might soon have an answer...then nothing...
Guess I will start looking again. My paint is wearing thin...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Canoeal

Quote from: Honky Tonk Man on August-17-18 08:08
Wouldn't it be great if the BW sights were dovetailed the same size so you could drift the old ones off, and the new ones on?  I guess that would cut into new gun sales though.

I suspect that was never going to be the option. I think the plan they were looking into was reducing the size of the dovetail to match the Pug...They would need to change the barrels and reduce the sights to the same size on the new guns...May be too high of a cost factor, or too many barrels in stock, already set up for the three dots. Or maybe it is just not a priority...

LushBob

At what barrel length would tritium sights no longer make sense?

Canoeal

If you are trying to see them in low/no light, I don't understand why barrel length would make a difference?

adp3

Jessica dropped the hint about the Black Widow sight upgrade on March 5. She said hopefully 6 to 8 months. That puts them at a September to November time frame if all goes well.  :)   I'm keeping my fingers crossed and saving my dinero.

Best Regards,
ADP3
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt,"
-Mark Twain

RICKS PLACE

I have both an old B/W with the original type all black sights and well as a new one with the Mellett ( I know, misspelled) sights.   I painted the old front sight a bright red, still works well.  Not sure the new one with the white inserts give any better sighting.  In fact, still packing my old one.  Have never been all that big on "T" sights. Still intend to get a Pug "D". 

LushBob

Quote from: Canoeal on August-17-18 19:08
If you are trying to see them in low/no light, I don't understand why barrel length would make a difference?

Good point Canoeal.  If I hold my Pug straight out in the dark I can still see the front sight.  So I guess a 36 inch barrel wouldn't be too long.  ::) 

Canoeal

Taking a yardstick to check, if I hold a gun in two hands the measure from my chest to the end of my fingers is 23". The only way to be farther away, is to shoot one handed, out to the side. Most sleeve measurements are from the middle of you back your wrist, out straight...Just thinking out loud...

Boisesteve

Then there's the Ellett Bros. 'XS sights' special, available now but maybe almost sold out. I know it's not a Black Widow, but I like the pushbutton cylinder pin better anyhow. 22mag, 1 5/8" barrel, and I put oversize grips on it. Just got mine, haven't shot it yet. Get 'em while ya can.
Steve in Boise

Canoeal

Yeah I've priced it locally at $300, But in no position to buy right now...

LushBob

Hey Al, sorry about the dumb post.  Actually I'm mostly just trying to get off probation!  (I might be there)

But when I measure from my eye forward to the end of my middle finger I get 35 inches.  I do have a big wingspan, for a regular sized guy1

Canoeal

No problem from me... I make dumb post on a regular basis...

Ruger

Yeah, me too . . .but they seem OK at the time of posting.
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

Canoeal

Quote from: Boisesteve on August-18-18 19:08
Then there's the Ellett Bros. 'XS sights' special, available now but maybe almost sold out. I know it's not a Black Widow, but I like the pushbutton cylinder pin better anyhow. 22mag, 1 5/8" barrel, and I put oversize grips on it. Just got mine, haven't shot it yet. Get 'em while ya can.
Steve in Boise
I recently asked at a lGS, and they still had them available...

Jessica Jarvis

Soooo, I can't help but comment... I'm down here in Dallas for one of our buying group shows and yesterday I went with XS Sights to try out the printed sights they are doing for the BW and MM... The sights look great and are possibly slightly smaller than the current millet sights. We are hoping to have the actual sights done by October... So yes, we are still working on tritium sights for the BW and MM AND they are being built on the frames and dovetails we are currently using, which means you can replace your current sights with the new tritium XS Sights!! :)  I'll continue to keep you posted, as they ARE coming!!!

Thank you for your continued interest!!!

Til' next time
Jessica

adp3

Jessica,
Thank you for the progress report. I look forward to adding some more minis.
Best Regards,
ADP3
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt,"
-Mark Twain

Canoeal

Thank you Jessica. I know I am being a bit impatient...Great news that they will fit our older guns...Put me down for a set when they become available.

Ruger

Jessica - Always appreciate when you jump into a thread - Always a voice we can trust!  Hope the new position is exciting for you and working out well.
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

Mr.Mini

What a relief! Thank you so much Jessica! Ever since you have use the news in the spring I've been holding off on getting the BW because I want the XS sights. Made my day!

Honky Tonk Man

Great news Jessica.  I was just trying to decide if I'd buy another BW when the new sights came out, or another new (to me) model I don't have, like the Earl or maybe the Side Winder.  Now I can afford to do both!   
Silence is Golden - Duct Tape is Silver

Canoeal

So, for now, my BW is back to white sights. I had to raise the 'dot' on the front sight to fix it shooting high. It will stay that way until I can get the new sights.

smokeless joe

Thanks for the update young lady.

KEN AR

Jump in anytime.  We all were hoping they were still being worked on.  Not sure how old my Black Widow is but happy to hear the sights should fit it.
Ken AZ is now KEN AR, moved in 2021 to the Natural State
Black Widow MAG/LR, Mini Master, Mini 1 5/8" Mag/LR
Desert Gun Leather holsters
https://desertgunleather.com/
RevisionCV.com Grips

Bj

Quote from: Jessica Jarvis on August-30-18 11:08
Soooo, I can't help but comment... I'm down here in Dallas for one of our buying group shows and yesterday I went with XS Sights to try out the printed sights they are doing for the BW and MM... The sights look great and are possibly slightly smaller than the current millet sights. We are hoping to have the actual sights done by October... So yes, we are still working on tritium sights for the BW and MM AND they are being built on the frames and dovetails we are currently using, which means you can replace your current sights with the new tritium XS Sights!! :)  I'll continue to keep you posted, as they ARE coming!!!

Thank you for your continued interest!!!

Til' next time
Jessica

That just might lure me into another NAA purchase.  Thanks for the update, it's nice to know what is coming.

billmeek

Quote from: Jessica Jarvis on August-30-18 11:08
We are hoping to have the actual sights done by October...

Oh no!  Here I was trying to stop buying guns (and associated accessories) for awhile and now there's another pistol I "need" as soon as it comes out.  Of course then I'll have to get a holster (or 2) from Rick, maybe some more ammo, and who knows what else. <looks at the dwindling bank balance and sighs>
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.