Morning coffee bonus.

Started by Canoeal, August-23-18 08:08

Previous topic - Next topic

smokeless joe

Quote from: Canoeal on September-06-18 10:09
A 35mm film can is a bit larger, so it will hold a different amount of ammo, and it does not have the moisture removing liner... I will check as I was a 35mm holdout..go figure.
Nothing wrong with that. If it works well for you then why change. Believe it or not I never owned a 35mm camera. I went from 110 to digital.

Canoeal

So, I found a 35mm can and it holds 14 rounds. It is larger than the test strip can and it does not have the moisture absorbent, but they would work...35mm can on the right. BTW the whole 22 mag cylinder fits in the test strip can. Instead of 7 rounds, you can carry a loaded cylinder in it....
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

smokeless joe

Quote from: Canoeal on September-06-18 20:09
Instead of 7 rounds, you can carry a loaded cylinder in it....
Interesting. Thanks for digging one out and checking.

RogueTS1

Another, and more convenient way in my opinion, of carrying spare ammo for one's mini:

Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Ruger

And as I have shared before, I like the coin purse.  It can carry ammo for my Mini, 380's, and 9mms.  When pulled out, it looks just like it should . . a coin purse.  Lies flat in my left pocket and wears like iron.

Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

Canoeal

To each his own. was was not promoting, just letting you know what I found. I don't even have a spare cylinder. I do keep a can with seven rounds out back in the paint shed as it is 50 yds around to the main shop. Someone asked about the 35 mm can, I do not use one, but I checked and answered. The idea for the cylinders popped into my head because it is a perfect fit, no looseness at all, and with the drier in there it would make sense.That was all. It is the way my mind works...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

jetcsa

I went to visit my Mama last week. She lives in an assisted living facility in Auburn, AL. I visited a couple of LGSs on the way home. One of them had a full brick of Hornady CD in 22WMR. I already had a couple boxes, so as not to be greedy, I had them hand me 2 boxes to take up front to the register. I've had some bad luck buying plastic boxed ammo online, so I try to buy locally when I find it at a good price - $13.99 isn't a steal, but if you add in shipping to online stuff, it's pretty competitive. Anyhow, apparently delivery guys can be just as rough with the LGS stuff as they are with "home delivery". Both my boxes had little cracks, but the boy at the counter put back the front box, as it was pretty well broken up. Not sure if it was the new owner or the manager, but he hot footed it up to the register as I was checking out, and asked if I would like the broken box for $10.50. I figured that was getting into "good deal" territory, so instead of swapping out a box, I just took all three. One advantage to being a pack rat is that I have plenty of empty boxes that aren't broken - just hard for me to throw away something that useful ;D. If Hornady can make enough to keep it available, I believe I might just use the CD exclusively. I really like the 17 HMR rifle round, so I don't have a lot of interest in the light 22 WMR rifle rounds.

RogueTS1

Not saying so; just showing other options.  ;D
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Canoeal

Today, after a lot that went on in the house here over the last month, I got to test the same water jug test from my BW with Hornady Critical Defense. The results were similar: the round expanded (the edges are a little rougher) and it ended up in the third Jug. It did crack the back of the third jug but did not go through. I think they are a toss up, a least in the water jug test.

Canoeal

A thought occurred to me.  Yeah, I know that is rare, but here goes. I only have a BW, so the rounds I use in it were the ones I did the water Jug test on. If any of you are willing to do so, why not do the same with your NAAs and we can see a little more what each round/gun can do with it. Just do the test and post the results, preferably with pics for Uncle Lee...

Uncle_Lee

Yes, Please...
Thanks for the ones that are up.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Warthog

35mm film container huh?   8)

I have a bunch of those laying around including a few of the really old metal ones.  I have a great 35mm camera that I have taken hordes of photos from my travels and such but went to electronic camera a while back because I could no longer afford to have my pix developed.  I bought a nice Canon Power Shot electronic camera though and it takes some really clear and beautiful pix.  Still getting used to the cell phone having a camera so for now....

Gold Dot is what I have and use for carry the most as Critical Defense is something I would need to find nearby.  In any case, thanks for the pix and the tests and if I ever get my feet healed up and am able to got o the range I will see if I can't do a little water jug testing myself. ;)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Canoeal

Warty, I have always seemed to have 1 good camera. In the beginning of my business, it was a Cannon AV1. I have a lot of early pictures in the old shop and at shows with that one, and even did a little of the wedding photos thing. Now I have a very nice Nikon, no not the interchangeable lenses but the P530, I also have a Nikon waterproof (necsessary) for trips and a little point and shoot. No more cans for me, but I have a few left even still. It is amazing what digal has done to photography.